|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Senior Lab Engineer-Biomedical under Laboratory Management Center.
Duties and Responsibility
· Communicate with sponsors, vendors and potential customers about equipment malfunctions
· Advice on service agreements for equipment to be serviced by external organizations
· Ensure that tasks, milestones, and deliverables are accomplished on time, within budget and in accordance with quality standards
· Utilize broad and innovative skills to work in a team environment to find solutions to challenging problems.
· Work with marketing to develop requirements and specifications
· Lead the team on execution of verification and validation testing
· Direct and coordinate installation and acceptance testing of new equipment and devices
· Direct and coordinate preventive/curative maintenance of medical and research laboratory equipment
· Direct and coordinate monitoring and maintenance of industrial equipment including liquid nitrogen plant, clean room, cold room, air conditioners and so on
· Committed to work long hours and weekends to maintain the facility up and running
· MA in Biomedical Engendering and 8 years related experience; OR
· BA in Biomedical Engendering and 10 years related experience
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before May 3, 2020.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, training, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
References: Please provide three references including their e-mail address.
Employment Type: One year contract period with possible extension based on performance and budget availability.