|Location||Hargelle and Cheretti, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
November 08, 2021
Post title: Senior Livelihood Project Officer
Report to: Area Operation Manager
Duty Station: Somali Regional State, Afder Zone, Hargele and Chereti Districts
Salary: As per the organizations scale
Duration Seven months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities - regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Jigjiga ,Hargelle, Elkere, Bare and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa, Awra and Gilina; Oromia regional State, West Harageye, Chiro and Meiso Woredas and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us.
The purpose of Senior Livelihood Project Officer Position is to lead an Emergency livelihood project in accordance to the procedures of the organization. Under the general administrative of the area operation manager and, technical and professional direction from FSL Programme Coordinator based in Addis Ababa, the Senior livelihood Project officer, plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the overall project activities which IRE implements; carries out a range of consultative and advisory activities in the areas of community capacity building, networking, and encourage the community to actively participate during the project and monitoring. The Senior Livelihood Officer monitors progress and provide ongoing feedback to his immediate supervisor, FSL sector technical lead, proposing adjustments in annual implementation plans according to emerging community needs and priorities. S/he is also responsible for directing and guiding the project staff under his leadership to ensure that all team members contribute their best to the success of the project implementation.
- Familiarize himself/herself with IR missions, values, principles, and procedures and ensure that all project activities implemented in accordance with IR policies.
- Serve as Emergency Livelihood Support for drought affected communities in Afder Zone project focal point, lead and liaison with all relevant local government offices and community representative for the successful implementation of the project.
- Ensure that all the program/project components are executed in line with the terms and conditions of the agreement both the government and donor
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, and control the activities of the project and appraise the performance of the project staff on timely manner,
- Maintain good relationship with stakeholders at District, Zonal and Regional level,
- Prepares and submits various reports required by Country Office, the Regional Government, The donor and other stakeholders as per their due date.
- Develops strategies that would increase the organizational and institutional capacity of the local community together with its subordinates.
- Regularly update the progress of the project and ensure it is on track as per the original project implementation plan.
- Nurture project team spirit and develop team work and harmony among team members
- Performs any other related duties of a permanent or temporary nature that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Program Manager, budget holder of the project and Country Office.
- Ensures that all project related payments are made as per the rules and regulations of the organization and,
- Ensure that the target community concern are heard, complaints are entertained and feedback are given as per the organizational procedure.
- Ensures that the project staffs are working in safe and secure environments.
Qualification/Experiences and Skills Requirements
- First Degree in Plant Science, Agricultural Economics, Veterinary science, cooperatives, Economics, Animal science, Dry land agriculture, or other related subjects.
- A minimum of five years working experience in similar position or equivalent in programme/project management in an INGO working environment especially in emergency livelihood response.
- Good demonstrating ability to interact on professional level with staff, donors or government officials,
- Working experience in Afar Regional State and knowledge of the local language ( Afar language) is mandatory
- Good experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead and motivate others,
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and spoken English) and presentation skills; knowledge of operational area is preferable,
- Experience in capacity building of staff and partners,
- Experience in Cash transfer programming (CTP) is preferable
- Well organized, analytical and able to prioritize multiple tasks,
- Excellent IT skills, MS Office applications,
- Sympathy with Islamic Relief values.
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
- Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
- You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
- Closing date for the application is November 15, 2021.
- Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.