|Location||Afar, Gulina Woreda, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
Employee Position Summary
The Senior Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall management of IMC Ethiopia logistical systems and staff in accordance with IMC policies, procedures and guidelines. He/she will have responsibility for all matters pertaining to local procurement, contracting, warehouse management, vehicle/fleet management and asset management, distribution support and prepare and send mandatory reports to the country office log team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage all commodity movements, including secure warehousing, inventories, delivery, distribution, and end use supported with appropriate evidences and reports on commodity movements.
· Supervise logistics staff in accordance with organization policies and procedures, ensuring that they have the necessary support, as required. Supervise, manage and coordinate all logistics related activities from the technical and management point of view in a professional manner.
· Assist and advise the country Log team within the IMC Ethiopia country structure on logistics procedures in order to support the projects in the most time and cost efficient way.
· Ensures the management of field office Gift-in-Kind (GIK) management including reports
· Coordinates the field office reporting system (Warehouse, Asset & GIK, and Fleet) and ensure quality and timely submission
· Manage the supply chain on medical, non-food, food and other items with in the warehouse and its movements.
· Ensure timely reporting on stock status to programs for replenishment
· Oversee the team of end-use monitors to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of the donors, IMC, and project partners.
· Negotiate and verify adherence to conditions and terms of the commodity transport contracts.
· Ensure adequate transport means are available for program and operational activities .
· Locate and negotiate terms for adequate warehousing with security. Ensure that warehouses are adequate, well-maintained, and meet basic safety and health requirements.
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
· Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented
· Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval
· Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Ensure that procurement Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Manage all under supervision with integrity and foresight, and in accordance with HR procedures and policies to ensure that they maintain the highest standards of accountability and professionalism.
Training/ Capacity Building
· Determine training needs for staff the position supervises.
· Provide input, and deliver where applicable, training for relevant staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff (Program, Finance, Medical) on all matters logistic to assist with ensuring that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for logistical staff and logistical support mechanisms.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with country IMC logistics teams
- Represent IMC all Afar projects in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors
· BA Degree in SCM, Logistics or related field with 5 years or above experience
· Evidence of practical experience in logistics within the field of supply chain management
· Evidence of management of logistics systems.
· Good organizational and problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach
· Good interpersonal, management and leadership skills
· Excellent communication and customer relations skills
· Ability to coordinate with others and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines and handle concurrent activities
· Evidence of ability to work in a participatory manner with all IMC staff
· Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
· Negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
· Proficiency of Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel, as well as email communications and other computer programs.
· Professionalism, Honesty, Integrity.
9. Language Skills:
· Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language
· Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to positon, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on July 9, 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review