|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 18, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the i-Capital Africa Institute
Found in 2015, we are a professional services firm offering full range of Human Capital Development related solutions to our clients in various sectors. Our approach is business-driven and we work to co-create innovative, insightful solutions that are practical and economically sound. We help companies, universities, public enterprises, and start-ups in areas of strategy, organizational transformation, & talent development. Our solutions are geared towards enhancing enterprises ability to prepare for the fast changing business world and become successful. The foundation of the Institute is our understanding of the significant gaps that are limiting innovativeness and competitiveness of African enterprises both at regional and global levels.
Summary of the Job
The i-Capital team is looking for an experienced Senior Management Consultant to join us. In this role, you will work with our consulting team and you are responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing solutions for clients.
The responsibilities of a senior consultant include leading with drafting strategies, designing solutions using established and creative processes, and contributing to client satisfaction.
To be successful as a senior consultant, you should demonstrate exceptional experience and knowledge of business consultancy to deliver quality work that will drive customer satisfaction, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team. Ultimately, a top-notch Senior Consultant should be updated with the latest industry trends, socio-economic trends of the country, highly motivated, and embrace a collaborative mindset.
Responsibilities of the Role
A senior management consultant at i-Capital is responsible for the following activities:
- Client prospecting, needs identification, writing project proposals, determining project plans, managing client expectations
- Developing client solutions and provide strategic advisory services in technical, functional, and/or industry areas.
- Prepare project engagement plans, manage delivery, scope, financials, plan, and tracking mechanisms;
- Lead projects, oversee daily progresses, and provide guidance to team members to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations;
- Co-creating solutions by working collaboratively with clients and experts to incorporate new consulting tools and standards into practice;
- integrate activities into overall project plans including development of change management deliverables, timeline, budget, and resource needs;
- Delivering presentations, facilitating groups, producing training modules and providing training on various topics including soft skills and other technical topics;
- Participate in staffing actions and decisions, including recruitment, hiring, supervising and training new hires.
Business Development and Networking
- Partner and work with project teams, project sponsors, and key stakeholders to effectively deliver results
- Identify business leads, consultative selling, and opportunities at current and target clients as well as interact with people at all levels across a client organization;
- Build and maintain relationships while proactively growing network, overseeing multiple client engagements simultaneously and facilitate a variety of meetings with diverse audiences;
Continuous Learning, Coaching and Knowledge Sharing
- Assess and analyze data to support objective conclusions and recommendations. Build and share knowledge and skills quickly to deliver on client commitments, develop team members, and contribute to knowledge capital, stay informed and up-to-date on latest advancements in the field, continually develop and improve leadership capabilities to enhance effectiveness internally and externally;
- Managing and guiding junior consultants.
- Provide coaching, life skill training for graduates, basic business skill packages for start-ups and aspiring entrepreneurs
Place of Work
- The main place of work for this role is at the Head Quarter of our firm. However, we are open to consider providing remote or flexible working opportunities depending on conditions and competency candidates.
- Salary and benefits are negotiable upon reaching the final processes of recruitment. In addition to basic salary, our firm also offers attractive project based performance rewards.
- Currently, there are TWO open positions for this specific role.
Requirements for Applying
- To be fit for this role a prospective candidate should be certain to fulfill the following requirements and possess the necessary competencies/abilities:
- Master’s degree from a recognized university
- At least 3 years of experience in management consulting, project management, business strategy and related areas
- Excellent track record of delivering large consulting projects, success in converting clients and managing complex client relationships;
- Ability to build strong personal and professional networks;
- Strong familiarity with public, private sectors in Ethiopia, and international development agencies;
- Familiarity and comfort with technology, digital solutions, software, virtual meeting, remote working, etc;
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with passion for proactively delivering value and keeping commitments;
- Proven ability to analyze client problems and develop successful solutions;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to have courageous conversations and deal with conflict at the time it is recognized in a professional manner with favorable results;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including communicating with senior leadership via digital and non-digital means;
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated capabilities in teamwork and leadership with excellent organizational and leadership skills.
If you are passionate about providing solutions to enterprises with diversified profiles and in various sectors, work with a young and dynamic team and can fulfill the requirements above, please send your CV with a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. We will get in touch with you promptly.