|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ABOUT THE JOB
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for the position of Senior Manager HR & Administration Department. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
HR Planning and Development
- Plans, develops, and provides training and staff development programs, using knowledge effective methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops;
- Prepares training budget for the company in collaboration with other work units;
- Develops and manages staff training database such as documentation of training attendance, participant feedback or training evaluations, training manuals, training reports, lessons learned on different training occasions, etc.
- Identifies the current and future human resource needs of the company and designs appropriate training and development strategies to have the right employees.
- Manages and coordinates the Human Resources functions of the MFI recruitment & selection, orientation, placement, compensation package, motivation scheme, performance appraisals, staff capacity building;
- Creates and demonstrates enabling environment for participatory decision making, Reviews the benefits scheme (compensation, incentives, and other benefits) on an annual basis; ensures that it is properly administered in accordance with the employee handbook, and if necessary, recommends to the CEO the renewal of the scheme;
- Develop, implement and monitor staff performance appraisals is done on a regular basis;
- Reviews and upgrades the performance appraisal instrument, at least yearly to determine effectiveness and applicability;
- Investigates all disciplinary and grievance cases with the respective staff, provides guidance, and corrective action through counselling, training, or instituting disciplinary procedures;
Administration & Property Management
- Plans, schedules and implements the procurement of materials and services requested by the various work units of the Company.
- Ensures that the all supplies purchased/donated are received by Goods Receiving Note, are properly handled, and issued by Store Issue Voucher upon requests.
- Ensures that the Company’s properties are protected from theft, misuse, damage, pilferage, etc.
- Orients, trains, and coaches the staff responsible to him/her;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals of staff reporting to her/him.
Learning and Reporting
- Keeps up to date with developments in human resource development including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensures ongoing personal development and learning;
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- MA/BA Degree in Human Resource Management, Management, Business Administration, or related.
- 8/10 years of relevant experience, out of which 4 years in managerial position.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Excellent and proven experience in strategic planning of human resource development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of human resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures;
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity;
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values;
- Good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach.
Closing Date: 10 (ten) calendar days from the first date of announcement in the newspaper.
Candidates who fulfill the requirements can send their application, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of up to three references and non-returnable copies of credentials to: [email protected] or VisionFund MFI s.c. P.O. BOX 31478, Addis Ababa
WOMEN APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Note: -Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment