|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and review:
- Develop Project specific Quality Manual, QA Plans and Procedures, Inspection and test plan, inspection schedules, field quality plans.
- Planning and conducting Audits, Management Review Meetings (MRM) and other reviews.
- Review of Tender requirements with respect to Quality and providing required inputs to Tendering Department.
- Prepare/review Method statements and get required approvals.
- Review supplier manufacturing quality plan, co-ordinate for inspection at supplier end, review and approve supplier inspection / third party inspection report and submit to client for approval.
- Provide process/product related inputs /periodical reports to client as and when required.
- Plan Quality orientation/training programs for workmen, staff, sub-contractor.
- Ensure the availability of latest specifications and relevant standards/codes of practice.
- Set up and monitor QA/QC procedures at project site, in line with appropriate guidelines, law of the land, company policy and client requirements.
- Coordinate with site team, subcontractors and appropriate stakeholders to implement and monitor project specific PQP/QMS plan at site.
- Coordinate with customer to understand Quality implementation and issues pertaining to projects sites to ensure timely action thro site team.
- Frequent project site visits & attending to project trouble shooting
- Identify, calibrate, review and maintain list of testing and measuring equipment.
- Inspect & test incoming materials, activities / workmanship as per ITP and obtain approval from customer representative as required and maintain records with identification & traceability.
- Coordinate with approved lab for conducting various tests of material/ activity. Obtain test reports and review the results as per project requirements.
- Ensure proper interaction and co-ordination with Client, Site Laboratory and Site Team for project co-ordination
- Arrange periodic Quality audits (performance, compliance and conformity) and workplace inspections by internal and external auditors that are in line with agreed standards and codes and address non-conformities immediately.
- Review and prepare correction and corrective action pertaining to client NCR.
- Raise NCR for any deviations and coordinate with respective dept. for root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Certifications for relevant associations/institutes/accreditation bodies in the area of Quality Management and assurance.
- Lead Auditor certification is mandatory
15+ years relevant experience.
Prior experience in EHV Transmission Line / GIS Substation is mandatory.
Work Location : South Africa or Ethiopia