|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
IT / Information Technology
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
Jakenn Publishing is the media company of the present and the future of Ethiopia. We bring our passion for reporting and independent journalism to tell the stories which matter in the Ethiopia today and the Ethiopia being shaped for tomorrow.
JaKenn is widely known for its flagship publication and web portal Addis Standard. Started as a magazine in 2011, Addis Standard has evolved into the digital platform of choice for breaking news, analysis, and spell-binding commentary about Ethiopia that establishes understanding of happenings beyond your eyes and ears. One of the most followed media brands in Ethiopia on twitter and a solid web presence that has a firm grip on Ethiopia’s rapid political, economic, and social transformation, Addis Standard provides consumers content worthy of their time and attention.
As a young and dynamic company, JaKenn embodies an emerging multicultural Ethiopia where people are valued for their contribution to the development of a democratic and prosperous country. We understand that this means listening to our consumers, employees, and stakeholders in all processes from product development to execution. We value diversity and make an honest effort at providing an inclusive work environment that supports growth, nurtures innovation, and embraces risk taking.
As part of its corporate strengthening efforts to grow its audience and potential customer base, JaKenn would like to hire a Senior Marketing Officer to implement all audience, consumer, and market strategies of the company. This position reports to the Head of Business Development and will work with other members of the business development team in a dynamic company. The position will also work with a corporate development consultant to grow the
Duties and Responsibilities
As the ambassador for user growth, monetisation, and route-to-consumer in the organisation, the Senior Marketing Officer will:
- Implement the plans for route-to-consumer and route-to-market processes and trials
- Work with the Digital media officer and other colleagues in Editorial to ensure existing and new products adhere to brand, identity, look, and feel standards of the company
- Implement the process of user growth by establishing KPIs and project milestones
- Execute all marketing campaigns across all product categories including website, marketing database, social media, and display advertising
- Use strong business acumen to analyse the consumer experience across different category lines and recommend both strategic direction and quick wins to implement them
- Lead and close content partnership agreements with clients and lead the process of execution working with editorial and corporate services
- Prepare periodic performance reports on the status of the different products and present to senior management for information and decisions
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, and/or related degrees that combine business and technology from a recognized University with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Experience and skill set
- Five years experience working in a medium size company in Ethiopia in digital marketing, operations, customer relationship, and/or product cycle development roles
- Experience implementing digital marketing and audience growth campaigns in a technology company is strongly desired
- A strong track record of setting and meeting pre-defined targets
- Excellent oral representation, writing, and reading skills in English, ability to communicate in more than one Ethiopian language strongly desired
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-growing company and provide solutions to these growing pains
- Ability to think strategically and execute with efficiency
- Ability to put the consumer and customer first in every interaction involving the company and always look for ways to improve the customer experience through tactical and operational process
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams and negotiate constructively for the purpose of audience growth using evidence
- Ability to adapt to and perform well in a multicultural setting composed of people from different backgrounds and strong opinions
Kindly prepare your updated CV and cover letter in one file and send an email to HR@addisstandard.com using format “reference number- [Firstname] [Secondname]” as the subject line by January 31st 2020.