|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Ensure consistency in understanding of the project log frame, monitoring, funding and reporting requirements for the ERNE Project;
· Ensure ERNE Project monitoring and evaluation plans are in place with robust M&E mechanisms and tools and implemented accordingly;
· Support the MEAL Team in the management and implementation of field-level MEAL data collection activities and analysis;
· In collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, lead the implementation of filed level MEAL activities for the ERNE project and support field staff in the collection of activity- and output-level monitoring data during activity implementation;
· Ensure that MEAL systems are being implemented to plan at the field level and communicate any issues or inefficiencies that arise to the ERNE programme manager and MEAL Coordinator in a timely and proactive manner;
Carry out data collection where it is an M&E responsibility in M&E plans and provide/support training for external enumerators or partner staff that conduct surveys such as baseline, midline, end-line, SMART and Coverage
· (including ethics and safety, sampling and respondent selection, device use, as well as survey contents)
· Field manage external consultants, enumerators or partner staff in conducting baseline, midline end-line, SMART and Coverage surveys
· Support the implementation of the work plans and provide necessary guidance as the project responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
· Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place, understood and used by staff for high quality donor reporting purposes.
· Support monthly and quarterly project reporting, including progress on indicators and objectives for ensuring consolidation of Ethiopia reporting based on HQ Programme Support Unit and donor’s requirements;
· Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate the provision of technical assistance;
· Support programme staff in accessing and utilizing data
· Undertake monitoring visits to the field sites locations covered by Concern and provide feedback to partners and project team and MEAL TA for adjustment and improvement.
Digital Data Gathering
· Support the MEAL Coordinator in administrating the country's DDG system
· Provide field-level support to programme staff in device management and utilization of Concern DDG application
Accountability and Learning
· Support Progress Review and Results-Based Review for projects and programmes;
· Ensure the programme is in line with Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) by ensuring the roll out of accountability plan.
· Ensure a robust Complaints Response Mechanism for the ERNE project in alignment with overall CRM processes in the programme area, including documented consultation and participation of communities, documented information to communities on appropriate behavior and how to report, appropriate mechanisms to report, and active monitoring and response to complaints;
· Support MEAL team in managing external evaluators and consultants;
· In close collaboration with MEAL Team, ensure promotion of documentation and sharing of programme impact and learnings;
· Communication, information sharing within the programme and promoting participation of staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to all the steps of the programme cycle.
· Actively promote sharing of learnings from baselines, midline, end-lines, reviews, nutrition surveys and evaluations internally and externally;
· Ensure ERNE project learning reviews and donor reports, as required.
Liaison and Coordination
· Be a focal point and active member of ERNE Programme MEAL Technical Working Group;
Support on any donor field visit preparation as required.
Education and experience:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in such as Monitoring and Evaluation, statistics, public health/nutritional science, Food Security, social science (research related), etc. and other relevant fields of studies (related to M&E, development, research, data analytics, etc.) with
· Three years relevant experience in M&E and program quality
· Clear understanding and experience in directly implementing primary quantitative data collection (surveys, etc.)
· Clear understanding and experience in directly implementing primary qualitative data collection (key informant interviews, focus group discussion, participatory qualitative methods, etc.)
· Clear understanding and experience of quality assurance in data collection
· Ability to provide technical advice and support
· Strong English writing skills
· Excellent communication skills; able to work as part of a team and establish relationships with field offices.
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation of CMAM Surge and / or CMAM activities is an advantage is an advantage
· Experience of providing training and capacity building to programme and MEAL staff
Experience in conflict management assessments.
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply through ethiojobs.net or in person at our Office in Addis Ababa.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern's Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, contractors, visitors to the programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern's core values and mission. Concern's Code of Conduct and its associated policies have been appended to your Contract for your signature. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct you demonstrate that you have understood their content and agree to conduct yourself in accordance with the provisions of these two documents. A breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Women are highly encouraged to apply