|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 18, 2021|
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
Responsible for acting as a Leader of the mechanical section of the team, including ultimate responsibility for the training, design quality, performance, work processes and resourcing management of the section.
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in professional and diligent manner at all times
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organizations.
- Liaising with clients and other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of production including Clean Room design, computer modeling, selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, testing, and implementation of products and systems.
- Communicate directly with customers to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation of new HVAC equipment.
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice
- Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional Institution
- Developing, reviewing, updating, modifying, and approving mechanical design plans and work schedules.
- Research, design, fabricate, and install HVAC mechanical equipment to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
- Consult on HVAC system and equipment design for a wide range of projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify design parameters.
- Design testing procedures and control equipment to accurately assess products and identify areas that require modification and further testing.
- Serve as project leader to coordinate efforts of managers, engineers, drafters, and manufacturing personnel during all project phases.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Work Experience – 5 years and above in HVAC installation & design with extensive practical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Candidates with International experience both locally or out of Ethiopia will be given priority
- Good understanding of HVAC systems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with 3D Modeling programs such as AutoCAD
- Team coordination –should be able to effectively coordinate team activities to achieve common goals
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills – written and verbal communication are important in this position, a recruitment specialist must effectively communicate with candidates and managers within EEIG Construction both in Amharic and English
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
- Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
- If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV.
- All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.