|Location||Gode, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 4 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP).
For our Operations department in Borena, we are currently looking for the following professional:
Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Work Base: Somali - Gode
Availability: As Soon As Possible
The Senior MEAL Officer is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the MEAL activities at the base. S/he will ensure proper implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, monitor project activities in the field, and oversee proper delivery of activity progress reports, compile and share for the capital team. Furthermore, s/he will support the MEAL TA in the rolling out of MEAL tools and will assist data quality checking. Producing and compiling learning documents, like success stories is also the Senior MEAL Officer. Finally, the Senior MEAL Officer will provide monitoring and PDM assessment, MEAL activities and accountability reports.
Educational / Professional Background:
- Minimum- bachelor’s degree in humanitarian affairs, public health, epidemiology, demography, statistics, economics, or other human health science fields.
- Preferably 1 up to 2 years of experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs;
- Familiarity with one of Action Against Hunger intervention thematic areas is also preferable.
- 1-year experience as lecturer or assistant lecturers in the field of epidemiology, biostatistics, statistic, demography and research.
- Fresh graduate whose first or second degree cumulative GPA greater than 3.5 can apply.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
- Knowledge of the vacant position local language is mandatory.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Skills on at least one statistical data analysis software (MS Excel, SPSS, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Experience in humanitarian M&E
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. ECHO, SIDA, PRM, EHF) funded activities preferable.
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation preferable
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for program teams preferable
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS preferable
- Previous experience with nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Previous experience with cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience with GIS and spatial analysis
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases)
Salary and Benefits: Minimum 22,500.00 ETB Maximum 29,493.00 ETB with other additional benefits provided according to the social benefit packages of the organization.
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Senior MEAL Officer - Somali” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): orThrough www.ethiojobs.net ; or Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Gambella, Mega, and Harar offices;
Deadline: Friday, 10 April 2020 before 5:00 pm
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.