|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Category|| Banking |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Senior Compliance Officer,
DB/ Vacancy- 048/20
- The Senior Officer, Compliance is responsible for following up the Bank’s functions in full compliance with all banking laws, regulations, internal policies & procedures; identifying any exceptions or violations and reporting same with recommendation to his/her supervisors; ensuring risk taking remains to be within the domain of the stipulated regulatory requirement as per the approved policies, procedures and guidelines.
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law preferable, Risk Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Banking from a reputable University.
- Professional certification in Risk Management; Financial Risk Management (FRM), RCP Level 3, Chartered Risk Analyst (CRA) or Governance Risk and Compliance Management (GRCM) is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
Required Technical Competency
- Knowledge of various types of compliance risks.
- Clear understanding of economics, bank risks and relevant emerging issues in risk management.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and directives related to Financial Sector.
- Risk management skills including risk assessment, evaluation, quantification, mitigation and reporting skills.
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
- Creativity and innovation skills.
- Action oriented.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Professionalism and integrity in line with Dashen Bank values.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers).Risk awareness and focus - demonstrates understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through ethiojobs.net (http://ethiojobs.net)
- Applicants should specify the vacancy number on the cover letter /application letter and fill all the details on application form from the link below and shall save in PDF format (mandatory).
- CV‘s shall not be more than 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory).
- All relevant credentials stated on the application form /CV shall be scanned and attached in PDF format (mandatory).