|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Senior Officer – Planning and Budgeting
Term of Employment: Full time
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: August 12, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Senior Officer P&B performs ATA’s organizational planning and budgeting, using Implementation Management Platform (IMP), ERP, the IT system used for planning, tracking, and reporting of the performance of the ATA and selected partners. The Senior Officer, using the IMP platform, tracks, analyses and generates performance reports against milestones and KPIs on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Participates in preparing dashboards, workflows, training of users, and supporting developers. This information will be used for the ATA’s quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to the Parliament as well as for internal strategic and operational management decisions.
The Senior Officer will work closely with the Sr. Manager, Planning and Reporting and the IT team. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Planning and Reporting under the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting team in the Strategic Services Vertical.
- Perform duties and support activities of the Implementation Management Platform system at the ATA.
- Provide support to teams to encode, edit, update, and generate automated reports on planning and updating dashboards results KPIs, targets, actual performance on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis.
- Support project team's budget preparation.
- With the guidance of the immediate supervisor, analyze performance reports against plans and provide feedback to teams as required.
- Reviews budget utilization among project teams and suggest possible areas of reallocation of budget.
- Analyze each project’s physical performance against budget and report areas of improvement.
- Support project teams to generate dashboards and coordinate reporting on the ATA’s Organizational KPIs in collaboration with teams in the Strategic Services Vertical.
- Engage and support the implementation of the Implementation Management Platform system for partners of the ATA in a simple and user-friendly way as required.
- Perform troubleshooting support to teams in collaboration with the IT team.
- Assist in developing and maintaining user and administrative manuals.
- Collaborate with the IT team, other ATA’s teams and partners on other planning and reporting-related projects.
- Perform other related activities as requested by the Sr. Manager.
- MSc degree in project management, business management, budgeting and Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in developing user-friendly web-based user interfaces for complex systems as well as experience in managing IT projects.
- A good understanding of project cycle management and key performance indicators
- Passion and talent for training, coaching, and capacity building.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with an emphasis on high performance, teamwork, accountability and results.
- A strong set of personal values, including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Experience in the agriculture and/or development sectors preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.