|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|November 7, 2022
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Organization for Social Services, Health and Development (OSSHD) is the first and pioneer indigenous Ethiopian Resident charity legally registered to intervene in social, health and development activities targeting the hard-to reach communities in Ethiopia. The organization would like to hire a competent and interested applicant for the position of Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services for effective data management
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in branch offices/project areas
- Provides technical leadership on specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services
- Develops sector specific M&E data management tools and provides training on the tools for project staff.
- Collects good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and organizes data received.
- Produces monitoring checklists and conducts quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provides feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Develops capacity of local communities, partners if any, and staff on program M&E framework, data management, data analysis, and results‐oriented programming and monitors and evaluations methods, principles and reporting systems.
- Leads on monitoring and improving the synergy and integration of sectors to enhance delivery of outstanding results for the beneficiaries.
- Ensures that beneficiaries are actively participating in all Project and branch activities.
- Organizes and facilitates quarterly monitoring, progress review and learning events.
- Makes sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data in sectors and develops and maintains effective database.
- Participates in all other aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning such as surveys, baselines, evaluations, and joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Together with the other staff, undertakes accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms..
- Serves as focal person for the mainstreaming and makes sure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, governance and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the project activities.
- Promotes learning in the project, particularly on issues of program quality; regularly analyzes data and produces reports on best practices and case studies; and ensures new analysis and information is available, including for communications strategy.
- Attends relevant community meetings as required and provides feedbacks if relevant.
- Performs other tasks as required and assigned
Number of Position: One
Duty Station: Addis Ababa Head Office
Contract Period: One year with possible extension based on performance & availability of budget.
Qualification and Experience ፡
- MA/MSc/MBA in Management, Strategic Management, Marketing Management, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health or related fields with a minimum of 10/6/2 years of relevant experience.
Skills: Strong leadership skill
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology
- Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
- High ethical standards demonstrated by individual approach to business and ability to set that tone for overall organization success.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English is mandatory.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential.