WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
| • Term of Employment: Short Term (six months)|
• Duty Station: Addis Ababa
• Required Number: 1
• Salary & Benefits: Negotiable
• Application Deadline: April 14, 2022
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and participate in joint planning and alignment workshops with partners focused on policy instrument development for prioritized policy thematic areas
• With support from the relevant Senior Director, coordinate the analytical works required to develop the policy instruments
• Collaborate with the Analytics team in the ATI on the development of the Analytical approach to policy-focused work, including prioritization of policy analyses, preferred analytical approaches and tools, engagement model with clients, local partners and senior policymakers, standard output formats, and other areas
• Join analytical case teams to take on policy-focused work, including problem structuring, data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis, leading stakeholder engagement, drafting policy documents (i.e. proclamations, regulations, guidelines, directives), and presenting to senior policymakers
• Provide expert guidance and advisory support to other Analytical case teams where lighter support such as validation of methodology, modeling approach, assumptions or outputs is required
• Develop the approach to contract out policy analysis to partner institutions and service providers, locally and internationally, and oversee quality control of the deliverables
• Share or present studies to policymakers and at existing policy forums or by organizing roundtables
• Establish and maintain strong relationships and with support from the relevant Senior Director in the ATI, lead discussions with senior policymakers across government partners, as well as relevant development sector and private sector partners
• The position reports to the CEO of the ATI.
• Take other assignments as appropriate and assigned by the supervisor.
|Required qualifications, competencies, skills, and experience:|
• Ph.D. in Public Policy, Economics or closely related fields from a reputable University is required.
• At least 8 years of relevant and combined experience is required in structuring and managing policy analysis within the government, at a research or think-tank organization.
• Significant experience and proven success in leading and delivering high-impact, challenging policy-related analysis, stakeholder consultation, and engagement with policymakers is required.
• A strong passion for transforming agriculture and improving the lives of smallholder farmers and pastoralists is highly desirable.
• Proven ability to develop credible, evidence-based policy advice and effectively liaise with senior policymakers, as well as development partners, non-governmental and private sector organizations
• Policy analysis experience in consulting or government setting, in areas such as program design and evaluation, cost-benefit analysis/investment cases, price stabilization and minimum support prices for agricultural commodities, investment incentives and private sector development, design/enhancement of regulatory processes and enforcement.
• Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a range of stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment (fluency in English is essential)
• Highly collaborative management style and demonstrated success in managing and developing high-performance policy staff and teams
• Strong understanding of the country’s broad economic reform program, the rationale and what it will mean for agriculture and rural development
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Negotiable|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Negotiable|