|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
African Centre of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) a collaborative world-class teaching and research centre for Eastern and Southern African Countries and hosted by the Addis Ababa University (AAU). The aim of ACEWM is to develop highly skilled human resource capable of handling more complex water management problems in a holistic, integrative and transformative approach. For the effective of implementation of the project procurement activities, ACEWM seeks to hire an individual consultant for a senior procurement specialist position under the supervision of the project coordination office.
The objective of this post is to provide ACEWM with the procurement capacity and to effectively process procurement activities under the project. This will contribute to the success of the project as a whole.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of ACEWM coordination office and in collaboration with the staffs of the project, the senior procurement specialist will prepare the procurement plan and arrange procurement documents and periodic reports, evaluate tender documents, award contracts, follow-up their implementation and document the results. The senior procurement specialist will also play an advisory role to clients and project staff in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across work units.
- Qualification Required: BA/ MA in Procurement and supply management/ Marketing management/ Economics/ logistics and supply chain management
- At least 8/6 years of work experience for BA/MA Degree in managing public procurement activities effected in government organizations and procurement of development and capacity building projects financed by World Bank. From these experiences, the candidates should have at least 2 years work experiences in the World Bank funded projects.
- Competencies (knowledge and capacities required for the post): State of the art knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices which govern international and national procurements
- Demonstrable understanding of the World Bank procurement procedures, principles & practices.
- Sound understanding of procurement methodologies to be applied for goods, works and Consultancy services procurements.
- Ability to identify complex procurement issues and to respond and handle accordingly
- Ability to build effective working relations with clients and project staff
- Excellent IT skills including Knowledge of excel and word processing.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
Work Station: Addis Ababa
Applicants who clearly meet the Education/Experience requirements and basic eligibility requirements will be further evaluated. Applications will be initially screened by the ACEWM to determine whether applicants have met the advertised minimum qualifications. Final selection of candidates will be made and those selected will be invited to an interview in order to select the best qualified candidate.
Deadline for registration for the vacant position: September1, 2020.
Applicants shall send their CV and academic credentials through the email address: [email protected] within 7 working days.