|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Christian Aid in Ethiopia has three strategic priority areas. These are climate justice, Economic justice, humanitarian/resilience and addressing Gender and social inclusion as a cross-cutting priority.
About the role
Christian Aid seeking to recruit Senior Programme Officer - Humanitarian, who would be responsible for supporting Christian Aid's portfolio of partnerships and projects within a country or group of countries.
The post holder will directly manage and support CA’s and partner’s humanitarian works, and resilience programmes and externally represent Christian Aid where appropriate. In addition, the post holder will provide technical guidance and support on Humanitarian issues to partners and especially ensure that monitoring, evaluation and programme reporting are carried out in accordance with Christian Aid’s quality standards and donor requirements.
Summary of key responsibilities
To lead the implementation of all humanitarian projects and ensures that deliverables of the projects are met as per the expectations; to ensure that project resources and planned project activities are undertaken within budget and time frame which enable impact and direct benefit to target communities, and to be responsible for supporting Christian Aid's portfolio of partnerships and projects within a country or group of countries.
Fixed Term: 2 years (with possibility of extension)
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate who have strong analytical skills and a good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation, and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Proven experience in leading participatory vulnerability and capacity assessment processes.
Educated to Postgraduate degree in, social sciences, Humanitarian work, DRR and EW, development studies with at least 10 years’ experience in non-governmental organization managing emergency progammes in difficult and challenging location
It is essential for the candidate to have strong skills, knowledge and experience in:
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Proven experience in leading participatory vulnerability and capacity assessment processes.
- In depth knowledge of office programs including MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Strong IT skills
- Familiarity with program cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation, learning and documentation
- To be well organized and able to learn concepts and complex systems quickly.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, to meet deadlines and ability of working under pressure and with multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build cross cultural relationships remotely across geographic boundaries
- Experience of working with partners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion where appropriate
- To be able to manage and organize information systems and establish and maintain filing systems
- As part of your application, you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect
- What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important?
- What was your task? What outcomes were being sought?
- What actions did you take? How did you take them?
Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others
- What was the situation?
- What did you need to communicate effectively?
- How did you make sure the message was understood by others?
- What was the impact? How did you know you were successful?
Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required
- What was your context?
- What was your task/responsibility?
- How did you make your plan? What actions did you take?
- What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
To apply for the post, please go to the following site
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.