|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Position Title||Senior Program Assistant -Shelter and NFI|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||03.01.2020 – 17.01.2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of the, Emergency and Post-Crisis (EPC) coordinator and the direct supervision of the Program manager (Shelter,NFI WASH), the incumbent will be in charge of supporting overall shelter NFI program activities, under the emergency- and post-crisis (EPC) activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide specialized support in handling all aspects of the project execution, including the project’s administration by providing specific guidance and information on compliance, guidelines and program modalities to program teams.
2. Provide support with negotiating, drawing up, coordinating and following up on conclusion of agreements and partnership. This will be done in coordination with governmental bodies, NGOs and the IOM team, in close co-ordination with the Project Development Unit, MEAL other relevant departments to ensure that needs on the ground are accurately interpreted and integrated into project document
3. Support the Program Manager in the development of project proposals and budgets including tracking of budget utilization in coordination with resource management unit and Program Manager.
4. Support the Program Manager in program/project reporting and provide regular input to the reporting unit for donor updates, donor reports, newsletters, etc. as needed including recommendations on best practices in managing sector related projects.
5. Conduct regular visits to the field to ensure the consistency of the project activities are as per the work plan, compliance and accountability. Obtain feedback from project staff, Implementing partners, sector working groups, and integrate into IOM’s ongoing projects as well as future programming needs
6. Provide inputs into new projects development, as well as design sector related project activities, mechanisms with respective workflows and standards. Highlight any potential risk(s) before and during implementation and provide mitigation measures
7. Participate and represent IOM in the Shelter/NFI Cluster forums like Operational Working Group, Technical Working Group and Strategic Advisory Group and other ad hoc meetings.
8. Develop in coordination with program team, necessary needs assessment tools to ensure information related to beneficiary needs are captured adequately and in line with sector strategies, objectives, outputs and realistic targets.
9. Coach, support and oversee the performance of the field staff assigned activities related to shelter/NFI including the preparation and co-ordination of the related activities, distribution, training, workshop and seminars.
10. Participate in the recruitment, and assist in following up on the work of project staff consultants and team members required for the delivery of activities.
11. Perform any other responsibilities as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences and/or related field with 7 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian situations in Ethiopia,
- Proven experience in record keeping, reporting and project implementation,
- Ability to coordinate project activities with input from colleagues and external partners for the achievement of results,
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports,
- Ability to develop project strategies and activities based on identified needs,
- Ability to build relations with local government authorities, civil society, beneficiaries and other stakeholders,
- Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor,
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility and
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
· Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic.
· Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by January 17, 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!