|Location||Debarq, with frequent travels within the project areas in North Gondor Zone, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is an international development organization based in Zurich, Switzerland and has been operating for several decades worldwide. HELVETAS is registered in Ethiopia as a foreign charity to operate in the working areas of Rural Infrastructure, Natural Resources Management, Support to Civil Society Organizations and Local Government, Skill Development and Education, and Emergency Responses. See also www.helvetas.org.
As defined in its Country Strategy 2019-2023, HELVETAS aims to improve the living conditions of socially and economically disadvantaged women and men by promoting and supporting innovative, inclusive and sustainable development predominantly in marginal areas and emerging towns of Ethiopia. It aims to do so through a combination of implementation and facilitation and acknowledging that innovation requires demonstration, in partnership with local organisations and institutions.
Reporting to Country Director
HELVETAS, Concern Worldwide (CWW) and the North Gondor Zonal Administration and its Clusters, have formed a strategic partnership bringing together complementary competencies to address the complex nature of poverty in the zone. The overall aim of the program is to strengthen household and community resiliency to climate change through the development of adaptive, absorptive and transformative capabilities. This will be achieved through system level change across the following 4 domains: (1) improved management of eco systems (and application at scale), (2) improved market opportunities within and across livelihood zones, (3) strengthened systems for improved human condition (emphasizing health, nutrition and women’s empowerment), and (4) strengthened institutions for improved governance and accountability.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
As a member of the Management Team, the Senior Project Manager (Sr.PM):
- Heads the Project Management Unit (PMU) of the SEGORP project at Debarq and represents HELVETAS Ethiopia in the implementation of the project at zonal, regional and national
- Provides coordination and technical support to the consortium partners; Concern World Wide (CWW), Zonal Social Affairs Cluster ( ZSAC) and Zonal Rural Development and Agriculture Cluster (ZRDAC)
- Provides support to the implementation of the SEGORP project implemented by consortium partners under the overall responsibility of HELVETAS
- Contributes as member of HELVETAS Ethiopia to the organization’s evidence building and learning especially in the thematic area of Natural Resource Management and Resilience Building
Duration: subject to donor approval: starting date 1st November 2020
Salary & benefits: As per the salary scale of the organization for the position, and benefit packages and other terms in line with HELVETAS National Personnel Regulation 2018
- Post graduate Study in Social Sciences or Natural Sciences or other related subjects
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in NRM assignments of which 5 years project management
- Sound knowledge and understanding of environmental, social and economic aspects of S&WC
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, piloting and implementing projects in a multi-stakeholder and community-based development approach
- Proven record in knowledge management and documentation
- Strong motivator, facilitator and mentor/coach
- Good reporting and writing skills
- Result-oriented personality meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural competencies and sensitivity
- Institutional Development
- Monitoring & evaluation
- Knowledge management
- Good practice in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook) and other appropriate information technologies
- ArcGIS software (optional)
- English & Amharic
Interested applicants should submit their application, including a CV and supporting documents, with names and contact addresses of three referees by email to Alem.Tesfu@helvetas.org or by mail to:
Head Human Resources P.O. Box 27507/1000
HELVETAS is an equal opportunity employer. However, women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
NB: We do not accept applications in person.