|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Prepare and implement project execution plans and procedures.
- Coordinate with third party consultants and designers to complete detailed design in line with budget targets and business requirements.
- Manage and drive the selection and procurement process for architects and civil works contractors for each facility.
- Work together with lead consultants in the procurement process for the mechanical and electrical equipment, considering in each case the merits of modular or standard solutions.
- Manage and oversee the construction, installation and commissioning, ensuring that all facilities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Control and minimize changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with all stakeholders.
- Perform risk assessments and risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and reporting.
- Manage a team of internal and external project managers and delegate project tasks based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels. • Oversee the work of all site operations • Review the start-up, testing, final commissioning activities. • Participate in all inspections, final and periodic; monitor final completion of work and project final account.
This role is based in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, with occassional travel within (mostly) East Africa.
Successful candidates will have strong technical, business and management skills to manage the projects with the utmost efficiency. In addition, they should possess problem-solving skills, be flexible and imaginative, high-energy, persistent, self-starters, good communicators in writing and verbally, and will preferably have a proven track record of delivering on complex projects in challenging environments. Applicants could demonstrate this by having:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, preferably an advanced degree, in architecture, engineering, real estate development, project/construction management or similar
- PMP/PRINCE II certification is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of international experience in construction / project management industry with the last few years leading the management of mid to large sized projects.
- Experience in delivery of healthcare projects is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple complex projects with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Full command and proficiency in project planning/management tools
- Good knowledge of design processes and systems
- Good knowledge of current construction methodologies, technology, and best practices
- Very strong project leadership skills and ability to direct client, consultant and contractor teams
- Extensive knowledge of internationally-accepted project management, construction industry principles and practices / safety / quality management systems.
- Excellent and effective communicator, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to handle multiple cross disciplinary tasks and establish priorities for the timely completion of construction project
- Self-starter with a pro-active can-do mentality, a team worker, with a disciplined work ethos who is focused, detail-oriented, highly organized and result oriented;
- Amharic fluency is a plus
- Willing to live in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Please send a detailed resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.