|Location||Wolayita zone, different Woredas, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Purpose :
Based at woreda level, the SPOs plan and implement the project activities in coordination with the area coordinator. The SPO will liaise and coordinate with Zonal and Woreda Health Authorities on project activities. SPO will provide support to Health Officers, Risk Communication & Community Engagement Officers and Community outreach workers. SPOs will provide technical support, training, supportive supervision, and review meetings to the outreach workers and MOH staff. SPOs will work closely with MOH staff both at the Health Center,Health Post, Isolation/quarantine centre and treatment centre level on proper planning and ensure that the national protocols for health and COVID-19 guidance are adhered to.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Conduct assessment and identify COVID-19 and health related problems of the target community / Woreda and develop appropriate and workable activity plan and implement accordingly,
· Conduct Health facility assessment to identify COVI-19 prevention and response needs in collaboration with WASH
· Participate in the review of the planned activity and propose /plan new appropriate activity in Health sector based on the gaps identified
· Prepare detailed implementation plan and modality /guideline for COVID-19 Health activities based on the main document and ensure its implement with standard quality as per the agreed time table.
· Implement COVID-19 and WASH project interventions i.e. training for HWs, orientation for HEWs.
· Provide technical support for staffs at Woreda, health center and health post level.
· Participate in regular surveillance data collection, compile, analyze and interpret data and submit to field office regularly.
· Prepare work plan based on the project agreement for the Woreda and ensure the implementation of each planned activities.
· Make regular follow up at the health center and health post to provide technical support.
· Work with integration with other sectors i.e. Health, Nutrition and WASH officers at the Woreda.
· Prepare and submit biweekly, monthly, quarterly, donor and government reports timely to field offices.
· Implement Health as well as other Early Warning activities as per the planned time table;
· Collect and document appropriate data regarding each project target
· Design appropriate implementation modalities and program approach to strengthen sustainability factors;
· According to MOH- Ethiopia COVID-19 guidelines, promote the implementation preventive COVID-19 measures and WASH practices
· Train all the Key actors in the community on epidemic control matters
· Initiate and introduce innovative ideas/approaches and implementation modalities based on the local context into the Health related intervention;
· Liaise and coordinate with local stakeholders and MOH personnel regularly, reporting to them and giving them updates on activities.
· Collaborate with the potential partners on the field (health centers, health posts, committee leaders) to improve the coverage and the efficiency of the programs.
· Manage Emergency Response to the COVID-19 field team composed of two health officers, 2 RCCE officers and 14 outreach workers under your responsibility by ensuring that evaluations (PDR) and training are consistent and up to date;
· Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate the provision of technical assistance;
· Identify capacity gaps and provide on the job capacity building and support to the livelihoods team
· Identify ways of increasing individual staff effectiveness and providing regular feedback on performance.
· Provide technical and managerial support to coach field staffs in order to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities
· Address any HR issues in a timely and appropriate manner
· Prepare detailed budget plans and implement the approved budget in line with Concern finance and grant management policies and procedures
· Responsible for reviewing monthly management accounts including transactions, providing monthly feedback by the deadline on any corrections, missing transactions and justification for over/under spends and preparing monthly forecasts.
· Ensure the proper, efficient and timely utilization of allocated program/project budget, including purchasing of materials, and monthly review of the budget monitoring tool
· Prepare a project procurement plan and ensure its timely implementation
· Implement other PHEM related activities as per direction from senior health response coordinator
Monitoring and Reporting
· Regularly collect information and data from Health centers, Develop or adopt/adapt guidelines on the following areas and support facilities ( Health centres, Health Posts and isolation/quarantine & treatment centres) to implement the protocols for COVID-19
· health posts, isolation/quarantine and treatment centres and submit monthly project updates and regular progress reports to field office.
· In collaboration with the PQA coordinator, contribute to the production of capitalization report including lessons learnt and recommendations for future capacity development based on project experience.
· In collaboration with the PQA Coordinator, contribute to the drafting of learning papers based on the project implementation and share with partners and stakeholders, to be incorporated into future preparedness and responses.
· Ensure that the crosscutting issues and in particular GENDER considerations and Conflict sensitivity are prioritized while implementing project action plans.
· Ensure the work plans are on track and report any amendment or significant changes to your line manager
· Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place, if not already in place to ensure reporting formats are understood and used by staff and provide the information required for high quality donor reporting purposes. Provide regular feedback on reports.
· Carry out regular visits to the project sites, monitoring the activities and making technical recommendations, identifying challenges and proposing solutions
· Prepare internal reports and donor reports and ensure that they are developed to a high standard and that all deadlines for the receipt of these reports are met.
· Organizing/supporting joint supportive supervision by involving the key health partners at zonal and woreda level.
· Contribute to ensuring that strong complaints response mechanisms are in place across the project
· Ensure that Core Humanitarian Standards are met and that any concerns are raised to the Area Coordinator
· Communication, information sharing within the programme and promoting participation of staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to all the steps of the programme cycle.
· Documenting lessons learnt, best practices and case studies
· Supporting communication of implementing partners/ key stakeholders with the
· Use monitoring data to make recommendations for adapting the programme
Liaison and Coordination
· Liaise with other NGOs/INGOs, relevant government agencies and the MOH at zone and woreda level to ensure coordination and learning across partners.
· Organizing and facilitating review meetings to discuss challenges and progress in COVID 19 management in implementation zones
Representing Concern Worldwide in relevant local and zonal COVID 19/ emerhency
response planning and implementation technical meetings and discussions.
|· Ensure that programme/project staffs have a strong understanding of gender mainstreaming and that gender mainstreaming tools are effectively implemented across all programmes/projects|
· Coordinate with the Gender Equality Coordinator in planning, allocating and implementing a programme budget for gender mainstreaming
· Ensure that programmes have a thorough gender mainstreaming design and plan from the conceptualization stage
· Ensure that gender mainstreaming is effectively implemented and monitored throughout the project cycle management process.
· Ensure that gender sensitive indicators and M & E plans are in place and that they are effectively monitored
· Ensure quality reporting on gender mainstreaming in all programme reports
· Participate in Concern Ethiopia’s mandatory staff gender equality training
Ensure a commitment to Concern Ethiopia’s gender equality strategy evidenced by approaches to work and professional conduct.
Emergency Response :
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
MSc/ BSc in Health with minimum of three years’ experience.
Fluency in written and spoken English, and in local languages
What we offer :
26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
|Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy. Please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:|
Ethiojobs.net OR Concern Ethiopia, Apply in person at our Office in Wolayita or Addis Ababa
Phone call is strictly forbidden. Only short listed candidates will be contacted