- Conduct assessment and identify COVID-19 and health related problems of the target community / Woreda and develop appropriate and workable activity plan and implement accordingly,
- Conduct Health facility assessment to identify COVI-19 prevention and response needs in collaboration with WASH
- Participate in the review of the planned activity and propose /plan new appropriate activity in Health sector based on the gaps identified
- Prepare detailed implementation plan and modality /guideline for COVID-19 Health activities based on the main document and ensure its implement with standard quality as per the agreed time table.
- Implement COVID-19 and WASH project interventions i.e. training for HWs, orientation for HEWs.
- Provide technical support for staffs at Woreda, health center and health post level.
- Participate in regular surveillance data collection, compile, analyze and interpret data and submit to field office regularly.
- Prepare work plan based on the project agreement for the Woreda and ensure the implementation of each planned activities.
- Make regular follow up at the health center and health post to provide technical support.
- Work with integration with other sectors i.e. Health, Nutrition and WASH officers at the Woreda.
- Prepare and submit biweekly, monthly, quarterly, donor and government reports timely to field offices.
- Implement Health as well as other Early Warning activities as per the planned time table;
- Collect and document appropriate data regarding each project target
- Design appropriate implementation modalities and program approach to strengthen sustainability factors;
- According to MOH- Ethiopia COVID-19 guidelines, promote the implementation preventive COVID-19 measures and WASH practices
- Train all the Key actors in the community on epidemic control matters
- Initiate and introduce innovative ideas/approaches and implementation modalities based on the local context into the Health related intervention;
- Liaise and coordinate with local stakeholders and MOH personnel regularly, reporting to them and giving them updates on activities.
- Collaborate with the potential partners on the field (health centers, health posts, committee leaders) to improve the coverage and the efficiency of the programs.
- Manage Emergency Response to the COVID-19 field team composed of two health officers, 2 RCCE officers and 14 outreach workers under your responsibility by ensuring that evaluations (PDR) and training are consistent and up to date;
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate the provision of technical assistance;
- Identify capacity gaps and provide on the job capacity building and support to the livelihoods team
- Identify ways of increasing individual staff effectiveness and providing regular feedback on performance.
- Provide technical and managerial support to coach field staffs in order to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities
- Address any HR issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Prepare detailed budget plans and implement the approved budget in line with Concern finance and grant management policies and procedures
- Responsible for reviewing monthly management accounts including transactions, providing monthly feedback by the deadline on any corrections, missing transactions and justification for over/under spends and preparing monthly forecasts.
- Ensure the proper, efficient and timely utilization of allocated program/project budget, including purchasing of materials, and monthly review of the budget monitoring tool
- Prepare a project procurement plan and ensure its timely implementation
- Implement other PHEM related activities as per direction from senior health response coordinator
Monitoring and Reporting
Regularly collect information and data from Health centers, Develop or adopt/adapt guidelines on the following areas and support facilities ( Health
- centers, Health Posts and isolation/quarantine & treatment centers) to implement the protocols for COVID-19
- Health posts, isolation/quarantine and treatment centers and submit monthly project updates and regular progress reports to field office.
- In collaboration with the PQA coordinator, contribute to the production of capitalization report including lessons learnt and recommendations for future capacity development based on project experience.
- In collaboration with the PQA Coordinator, contribute to the drafting of learning papers based on the project implementation and share with partners and stakeholders, to be incorporated into future preparedness and responses.
- Ensure that the crosscutting issues and in particular GENDER considerations and Conflict sensitivity are prioritized while implementing project action plans.
- Ensure the work plans are on track and report any amendment or significant changes to your line manager
- Ensure appropriate reporting tools are in place, if not already in place to ensure reporting formats are understood and used by staff and provide the information required for high quality donor reporting purposes. Provide regular feedback on reports.
- Carry out regular visits to the project sites, monitoring the activities and making technical recommendations, identifying challenges and proposing solutions
- Prepare internal reports and donor reports and ensure that they are developed to a high standard and that all deadlines for the receipt of these reports are met.
- Organizing/supporting joint supportive supervision by involving the key health partners at zonal and woreda level.
- Contribute to ensuring that strong complaints response mechanisms are in place across the project
- Ensure that Core Humanitarian Standards are met and that any concerns are raised to the Area Coordinator
- Communication, information sharing within the programme and promoting participation of staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to all the steps of the programme cycle.
- Documenting lessons learnt, best practices and case studies
- Supporting communication of implementing partners/ key stakeholders with the
- Use monitoring data to make recommendations for adapting the programme
Liaison and Coordination
- Liaise with other NGOs/INGOs, relevant government agencies and the MOH at zone and woreda level to ensure coordination and learning across partners.
- Organizing and facilitating review meetings to discuss challenges and progress in COVID 19 management in implementation zones
Representing Concern Worldwide in relevant local and zonal COVID 19/ emergency response planning and implementation technical meetings and discussions
MSc/ BSc in Health with minimum of three years’ experience
- Training in public health, health education, health communication, or health promotion
- Experience working in disease outbreaks or health emergencies
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Able to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Have relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Office, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of quantitative, qualitative and participatory research methodologies and analysis
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Experience of community health work / community mobilization
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, confident, kind, sensitive and empathies with all beneficiaries and their careers
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay in the field
- Commitment to and understanding of Concern World wide’s aims, values and principles
Fluency in written and spoken English, and in local languagesith minimum of three years’ experience
|Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy. Please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:|
Ethiojobs.net OR Apply in person at our Office in Kombolcha 04 Kebelle near BGI Ethiopia beer factory
Phone call is strictly forbidden. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern's Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy, the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of Programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, contractors, visitors to the Programme and partner organizations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for and maintain the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern's core values and mission. Concern's Code of Conduct and its associated policies have been appended to your Contract for your signature. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct you demonstrate that you have understood their content and agree to conduct yourself in accordance with the provisions of these two documents. A breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com