|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The overall tasks and responsibility of the Sr. Project Officer is to work closely with the USAID Eliminate TB Project Chief of Party/Country Representative, with the Director of Finance and Operations, and with other project staff to coordinate the project needs. She/He will support and coordinate the project activities which include scheduling tasks, follow-up their progress and deadlines, and creating progress reports, to help the Country Representative/Chief of the Party of USAID Eliminate TB Project. Coordinate with other projects and keep them running smoothly. Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, She/He will plan, monitor, and evaluate all the operational support that has been attended by operational units in a timely manner. S/he works closely with all levels of the project staff to understand, synthesize, and communicate programmatic and operations activities internally and externally.
· Act as Corporate Officer and keep correspondence of all corporate matters and act as the center of communication in answering corporate requests and issues.
· As a Corporate Officer maintain registration documents, Power of Anthony, Delegation of Authorities, Bank correspondences, Tax Identification number certificate, government approvals, printing approval, employees’ pension files, etc.
· Insures MSH Ethiopia office registration renewal has been done periodically and on time.
· Provide support to the country representative, and make sure all corporate activities and demands are planned and addressed in a timely manner,
· Provide support to the Chief of Party in overall project management functions. Schedule and attend weekly project management team meetings. Produce and distribute minutes. Identify action items and follow up on action items through their completion.
· Coordinate with the regional and central team in checking if there is any operations gap that needs central office support. Oversee the smooth day-to-day operation of the office
· Prepare Draft reports and communication materials, documents including forms, memos, reports, letters, etc. as required.
· Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Schedule, attend and document all senior project team meetings as required.
· Being a member of the Country Leadership Team (CLT), schedule, attend and document all CLT team meetings as required, share meeting notes and follow actionable items.
· Develop and maintain project tracking sheets for deliverables and maintain electronic and hardcopies of quarterly and annual reports.
· Orient and brief consultants and new staff members regarding MSH procedures.
· In collaboration with the operation team, coordinate logistics for high-level workshop activities in compliance with USAID and MSH regulations.
· Provide support to the Director of Finance and Operations and the project team in overall project program and operations management functions.
· Schedule and attend bi-weekly Finance and Operation meetings with home office team meetings. In consultation with the Director of Finance and Operations develop bi-weekly meeting agenda.
· Produce and distribute meeting notes and identify action items and follow-up on action items through their completion.
· Assist the team in organizing project information, resources and staff to respond to time sensitive requests from USAID and home office.
· Produce reports, charts, presentations, and graphics reflecting project results as well as assisting the team in editing reports.
· Communicate with home office project support to ensure information flow and effective project support.
· Liaise with management and administrative staff of other MSH-Ethiopia projects.
· Liaise with operation team in regard to all project needs related to administrative, procurement, and personnel issues as needed.
· Liaise with IT team to ensure network and phone system is operational at all times in the project offices.
· Support the project on day-to-day administrative and office management issues.
· Ensure all requests for technical, contractual, financial, and operational assistance are being attended and are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Supervise office assistances and program assistants assigned to the central office.
· Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s Degree in Management, public administration, development studies or Business administration.
· 15+ years of work experience in similar programs in Ethiopia.
· Previous experience with USAID or other USG-funded projects is an advantage.
· Professional fluency in Amharic and English is required.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Ability to learn complex program procedures.
· Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
· Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with project staff and partners.
· Demonstrated ability in computer skills for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentations (Microsoft Office applications preferred); and ability to learn new software packages
· Organizational and time management skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Problem-solving skills