|Location||East Hararghe, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Employee Position Summary|
This position is more of a technical position in IMC Ethiopia country office, and the position holder will work under the direction and support of COVID-19 Project Coordinator. The position holder is responsible to planning and implementation of emergency health response especially COVID-19 intervention of International Medical Corps designed in assigned zone. He/she also facilitate trainings and other project activities as planned. Also participated on report collection and compilation on COVID-19 case detection, isolation, management Prepare and submit Biweekly, monthly and quarterly, donor and government reports timely.
|Essential Job Duties and responsibilities/Scope of Work:|
· Implement COVID-19 project interventions i.e. training for HWs, orientation for HEWs.
· Provide technical support for staffs at woreda, health center and health post level.
· Participate in regular surveillance data collection, compile, analyze and interpret data and submit to field office regularly.
· Prepare work plan based on the project agreement for the woreda and ensure the implementation of each planned activities.
· Make regular follow up at the health center and health post to provide technical support.
· Work with integration with other sectors i.e. Health, Nutrition and WaSH officers at the woreda.
· Prepare and submit biweekly, monthly, quarterly, donor and government reports timely to field offices.
Reporting and M/E
· Regularly collect information and data from Health centers and health posts and submit monthly project updates and regular progress reports to field office.
· Represent the organization during emergency health technical meetings at zone and woreda level.
· Collaborate with other actors working in the target community.
· Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description.
· Implement other PHEM related activities as per direction from senior health response coordinator.
· BSC in Public health officer or Nursing.
· Five years relevant and practical work experience of which at least 1 years in NGO.
· Experience in clinical management of communicable diseases, outbreak investigation and management, early warning, preparation of emergency preparedness and response plan at all levels.
· Excellent on the job training facilitation experience and skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Extremely flexible with ability to cope with stressful situations and challenging conditions with limited resources
· Must be able to write technical reports in English and meet reporting deadlines.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before April 01, 2020.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.