|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, WASH, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian crisis in Tigray through the implementation of an integrated package of health, nutrition, protection and WASH programming. Our goal is to improve the well-being of conflict-affected and displaced populations through an integrated, multi-sectoral response.
Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Senior Protection Officer will take lead on day-to-day activities; work across various departments, collaborate with the other Sector Specialists to oversee GBV prevention and response activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
· Conduct sector needs assessments, provide technical guidance on appropriate emergency activities and devise sector- specific response strategies focusing on community engagement in prevention activities, and Case Management and Psychosocial support.
· Assess community infrastructure and service-provider capabilities, identify support needs and gaps.
· Develop partnerships with local service providers, implementing partners, and local government entities as well as attend protection cluster meetings.
· Work with operation staff to ensure commodities are procured, handled and managed properly.
· Work with technical and management coordinators of FHI 360’s Crisis Response team in identifying needs; target locations,
supply chain routes, actors and mechanisms to ensure time-critical assistance is delivered to affected people.
· Lead design in indicators for assessing progress with Protection and Case Management programs.
· Serves as organizational liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
· Manage and mentor Protection Assistants, Protection Officer and Social Service Workers GBV
· Oversees all aspects of Protection at assigned field sites.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Humanitarian Studies, Social Works, Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Law, Public
Administration, Political Sciences or related discipline
· Master’s degree is highly preferred.
· 2- 3 years working experience in GBV Protection, psychosocial support or Gender integration at the national or international level.
· Experience in dealing with issues of women's rights and Gender Equality within public institutions and/or international organizations required.
· Solid understanding and working experience of safeguarding and accountability.
· Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter as one document to HREthiopia@fhi360.org to be received by July 16, 2021.
You can also drop your application letter and CV in-person through the following address
Office Address: Adihaqi Sub city, Ketena 7, Kebele Hidase
Attention: Tsegay Hadgu
Phone no.: +251 914 152 399/+251 967 376 633
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.