|Location||Asayita & Berhale, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Senior Reproductive Health officer is the key technical person at the field level for International Medical Corp’s Reproductive Health interventions. International Medical Corp Reproductive Health (RH) programming aims to meet the comprehensive reproductive health care needs in the designated Somali Refugee Camps through capacity building of the local health system at community level. The program will collaborate with the UNHCR, UNFPA and Ministry of Health guidelines and regulations, working with the health institutions to increase health care access and improve service delivery.
The Senior RH Officer will be responsible to ensure the achievement of RH/MISP program in the assigned location in collaboration with the government health system/facilities (health centers and health posts) and creating a robust community based RH interventions. The senior SRH officer is the first level focal person to the RH interventions of International Medical Corps at the grass root level (Camp).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Ensure that community level SRH interventions are implemented as per the plan and local needs.
· Ensure that SRH services and practices are in line with MoH recommended guidelines, treatment protocols and consistent with international standards and best practices.
· Provide routine technical support to health workers working at the health facility found in each camp.
· Facilitate community mobilization activities and implement appropriate IEC/BCC approaches to create demand for RH services.
· Facilitate and coordinate regular trainings for program and clinical staff on monitoring and evaluation, health system strengthening, clinical skill building, facilitative supervision, client-provider-interaction etc as needed.
· Ensure identification of gaps and proper provision of supplies and equipment as per the need to each health facility (health centre and health post).
· Address RH emergencies as per the plan including identification, response and reporting of RH emergencies to site Program Manager.
· Collaborate with Field Program Coordinator, finance and logistics department in accounting for expenditures related to the project, and reconcile budgeted to expended amounts.
· Collaborate with logistics and finance departments to ensure that program supplies are available in a timely manner and coordinate for delivery and monitoring of drug and non-drug stocks to the program location
· Liaise and coordinate with partners including, counterparts and CBOs, regarding program activities
· Participate in planning and attend coordination meetings as requested
· Represent International Medical Corp at RH coordination meetings and other official forums as requested.
· Oversee routine data collection at health facilities utilizing data collected via facility based registers and data collection tools such as weekly tally and monthly data abstraction sheets
· Analyze and review data with clinical staff highlighting areas where services are improving and providing support where services are lagging
· Monitor and manage the effectiveness of the program, based on timely completion of program targets and indicators, on a monthly basis
- BSC degree in Midwifery with 3 years of related experience.
- 2 years of NGO experience in implementation of comprehensive reproductive health care (ANC, PNC, FP, and HIV/AIDS) programs required.
- Trained on basic SRH/RH, Maternal and child health, Family planning, HIV/AIDS, Infection prevention, BEmOBC and other SRH related training.
- Proven experience in provision and facilitation of training to health workers and other community structures.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, coordination and report writing
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English; Somali language is a plus.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on Aug 30, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.