|Location||Addis Ababa, with frequent travel (50%) to project areas Bale, East Bale, West Arsi, Guji and Borana zones, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
JOB TITLE: Senior Resource Mobilization and Programme Development and Planning Specialist (SRMPDS)
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: None
LOCATION: Addis Ababa, with frequent travel (50%) to project areas Bale, East Bale, West Arsi, Guji and Borana zones
DURATION & HOURS: Four Months, with 60 working days probationary period and a high probability of extension based on the availability of funds.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The SRMPDS is responsible for searching opportunities for fund resource, support and actively engage in concept notes developments, proposal designing, planning and organizing detail financial resources and assist implementation of the FSD programme as per the project design document, donor agreement and ensure alignment with polices and regulations of Ethiopian government. He/she is playing leading role in internal and external project reporting, financial management, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, outputs and impacts, coordination of activities among consortium organizations and liaising with government partners and the donor. He/she is responsibilities to ensure the project activities of all partners are integrated effectively, and that all project relevant stakeholders at all levels are fully engaged.
The position holder will also work closely with other experts in crop, livestock and business and others senior programme staffs to ensure coordination and synergies of activities are correctly implemented. He/she will be specifically responsible in planning, execution of capacity building trainings, work with community members, organize forest and rangeland cooperatives, and provide technical support to government counterparts.
He/she will ensure that communities are actively engaged in improved forest and natural resource management options
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities are;
- Oversee and provide guidance on the development of projects and programs proposals and concept notes and support Programme manager and finance team on detail budget preparation of FSD programme and other projects and plans for resource mobilization
- Lead the analysis of donor priorities and maintaining up-to-date donor knowledge and account/donor intelligence process.
- Provide hands-on support to PMs/PCs to ensure approved budgets are delivered according to the contractual requirements of donors or other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance in designing result-based monitoring and performance tracking to monitor performance of FSD, Forest of the world and other projects.
- Provide technical supervision, guidance, feedback, and support in resolving complex problems to FSD programme and relevant projects.
- Participate in monitoring of project implementation with team members and other partners and give heads up on a regular basis to the MEL expert
- Lead the team in the preparation and submission of draft periodical activity reports.
- Provide guidance in building knowledge management system to collect information about gaps & weaknesses in FSD and FOW project staffs and support in capacity building
- Review and provide detail inputs and feedback to the progress reports, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation reports prepared by Coordinators against plan to determine next action plan and provide technical support and follow up on the implementation of action plans
- Coordinate with stakeholders, including CSA, government sectors on Forestry and other related policy and strategy of the government.
- Ensure implementation of programs and projects according to plan and devise and apply change management principles when required.
- Support in compiling plans and reports as well as field visit reports.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing ToRs for new recruitments and consultancy works.
- Attend various meetings as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Record minutes of meetings and report to the PM and other team members as necessary.
- Assist in project data collection and management of projects data base.
- Ensure procurements are done on time for each project as per the quarterly procurement plan and purchase request by closely working with the procurement section of the country and field offices.
- Ensure that the necessary and appropriate resources are available, on time, to meet planning and budgeting requirements, including sub-contractors and consultants
- Organize and facilitate trainings and events such as donor and high-level field visit programs, partners meetings, quarterly/annual partners review meetings, PPR, Q reviews, and workshops.
- Work with the finance team and the operational team in ensuring the preparation and submission accurate forecasting and review of monthly budget monitoring review (BMR),
- Work with the finance team and review BMR and report to the PM in budget tracking.
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
|MSc/MA, BSc/BA degree in Developmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Livelihood Development, Forestry and related disciplines||Forestry, business development, Reliance building|
|Good understanding in project design, implementation, M and E and financial management|
|Fluent written and spoken Amharic and English|
|Five years of work experience in programme management or senior technical support with donor, NGOs||Experience working as a technical adviser or manager with NGOs|
|Extensive practical experience of dealing with large donors’ institutional environment||Good knowledge and experience of major grant proposal, agreement and administration processes and major donor culture and pressures|
|Experience of project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation|
Skills & abilities
|Has a relaxed and open working style, works well individually as well as in a team; reliable at all times; proactive and imaginative|
|Relationship building and management|
Including private sectors
|Network management and networking|
|Highly literate and eloquent|
Teamwork skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
Skills in gender based analysis and approaches
|Able to multitask and works well under pressure; negotiates and meets deadlines|
|A commitment to excellent support internally and to partner organizations and stakeholders; has a positive attitude and always looks for solutions to problems and challenges|
|Excellent communicator – written and spoken||Effective presentations|
|Good computer skills|
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL: We deliver long lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Senior Resource Senior Resource Mobilization and Programme Development and Planning Specialist (SRMPDS) by 31 October 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).