WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the Organization:
Vision Fund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. Vision Fund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country. Vision Fund MFI is currently looking candidates for the position of Senior Risk and Compliance Officer based at the head office. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares risk management plan with the objective to identify, measure, control and monitor risks;
• Visits Branches, frequently, in line with the approved work plan from Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance; identifies gaps and assists Branches in enhancing their capacity in terms of understanding rules and regulations;
• Verify performance deviation from established policies, procedures, systems, process, roles and responsibilities;
• Follow up risk mitigations and other findings, observations and recommendations are discussed with respective risk owners /managers and agree on plan of action for improvement;
• Follow up the implementation of risk management processes, tools and systems, thereby identify, assess, measure, manage and report risks;
• Support the implementation of internal controls and identify the major risks related to internal control system;
• Forwards recommendation with an appropriate action plan on how to control or mitigate the observed risk;
• Providing support and training to staff on inherent risks and controls to build risk awareness within the company.
• Follows up efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions;
• Conducts daily assessment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and local money transfer reports for potential suspicious activity;
• Participates in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the company;
• Participates in developing and documenting the compliance policy, reports and other related documents;
• Participates in anti-money laundering and fraud monitoring awareness building;
• Ensures and keeps the internal control procedures are abreast with applicable laws and regulations, and disseminate information / requirements to relevant stakeholders as appropriate;
• Organizes and conducts trainings for the Branch staff to make them aware of the regulation on money laundering and anti-terrorist financing and the reporting requirement and mechanisms;
• Provides expertise support to staff and other working units to assist them in complying with existing and new regulation requirements;
• Presents reports on “liquidity risk” of the MFI to ensure it’s ability to meet obligations or its cash flow needs;
• Presents reports on “interest rate risk” to ensure that interest paid to depositors and interest rate on loans are adequately managed to cover financial costs and other expenses to continue the business on a sustainable manner;
• Prepares risk and compliance reports and forwards it to the supervisor;
• Prepares weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the supervisor and make ready to report to Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC);
• Performs other duties as assigned by his/her Supervisor.
• BA Degree in Accounting, Law, Banking, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in any financial Company or related organization.
• Knowledge of risk management methodologies
• Knowledge of research methodology
• Good analytical and evaluation skill
• Be proficient in Microsoft office applications
• High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.