|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Tigray, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
FHI 360’s Crisis Response Department is looking to hire a Senior Safety and Security Officer who will be responsible for assisting the Response Coordinator with management of all humanitarian activities at the field level, with a focus on heading programmatic aspects of the response. Under the supervision of the Response Coordinator, the incumbent will fill a critical role on the response team in country overseeing all program staff and program activities from the field office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
· Takes lead in the preparation of the Country Security Plan
· Establishes and maintains close relations with host country security agencies and acts as liaison between the senior security professionals and the host country services, to discuss potential problems and plan possible methods of resolutions;
- Maintains dialogue with authorities and international institutions such as UNDSS, NGO Security forum, and other Red Cross/Red Crescent movement in matter of security.
- Serves as a member of interdisciplinary team on matters of non-routine nature, such as mine removal, evacuations, medical emergency, kidnapping, arms attacks, arrest and detention, or hostilities that threaten the safety of FHI360 staff
- Supports the on-going evaluation of air, land and sea evacuation routes and resources for use in emergencies, ensuring the availability of vehicles, aircrafts, vessels, fuel supply and assessable roads;
- Ensures that fire detection devices and firefighting equipment are available on the premises. Maintains fire evacuation plan and conducts fire drills and training as necessary;
- Conducts routine security surveys of office and residential areas and premises;
- Conducts physical security inspections of facilities, including safe room and issuance of identity cards, if possible background checks and entry control;
- Ensures that staff members are kept fully informed on matters affecting their security and safety;
- Investigates and prepares reports on minor cases of theft, illegal entry, assault or other incidents when the extent of the infraction is readily determinable;
- Establishes policies and procedures for reviewing crisis situations and preparing contingency plans for emergencies;
- Ensures availability of emergency communications system by making periodic checks to determine if systems are functioning properly, arrange for necessary repairs or adjustments;
- Manages and supervises all FHI 360 guards, including the creation of the schedules.
- Recruits, trains and supervises local CPOs;
- Assists in creating a security culture around the organization.
· University degree in Security management, information management or business administration, political/social science or international relations with focus on security management or other relevant education.
· 5-7 years of progressive responsible experience in investigation, military, police, security management, preferably in the police or military context or related area.
· Previous experience in a similar role with another organization is preferred.
· Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter as one document to HREthiopia@fhi360.org to be received by September 02, 2021.
You can also drop your application letter and CV in-person through the following address
Office Address: Adihaqi Sub city, Ketena 7, Kebele Hidase
Attention: Tsegay Hadgu
Phone no.: +251 914 152 399/+251 967 376 633
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.