|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Infinity Advanced Technology Solutions P.L.C. (IATS) is a leading medical equipment distributor and technical service provider in Ethiopia. Currently the company needs to hire a qualified personnel for the following vacancy:
Senior Software Developer (Number of positions - three (03)
The Application Developer processes user needs to customize software for computer programs, designs prototype applications, implements and tests source code, and troubleshoots software applications.
To be successful as an Application Developer, you should have a sound knowledge of software engineering as well as excellent analytical skills. A good Application Developer studies the consumer market and client needs to develop cutting-edge applications
The day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities of the Position are as follows:
· Elicits functional and non-functional requirements from stakeholders. Detects and resolves conflicting requirements. Conducts business analysis and/or technical investigation to provide detail for design or aid in decision making. Developing software solutions to meet customer needs.
· Designs to identify and reduce complexity wherever possible. Takes desired qualities into account from requirements (robustness, performance, re-usability etc.). Documents and explains trade-offs and rationale behind designs. Contributes to design discussions.
· Creating and implementing the source code of new applications. Code meets required standards of quality, including efficiency, maintainability, reliability, and terseness and fitness for purpose.
· Testing source code and debugging code. Write appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensure code quality. Tests programs appropriately during and after construction. Balances testing effort according to the risk of changes. Works together with testers to ensure the application is sufficiently tested (and testable).
· Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications. Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools. Help to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the product life cycle.
· Write and review technical documentation. Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
· Is responsive to production issues when needed. Support system in its operating environment.
· Participate in the team's agile planning and delivery process. Keeps the team informed of progress. Escalates issues appropriately when roadblocks are reached. Manages time efficiently and is considerate of the time of others.
· Effectively participate in the teams software development methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing and continuous delivery. Uses development tools effectively, e.g. Visual Studio, Subversion, GitHub, IDE, etc.
· Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies. Works to improve technical skills in the areas needed to perform work tasks effectively. Keeps abreast of new technologies and ways of doing things.
· Acquires knowledge in relevant areas of our business and our customers’ businesses.
· Exercises good judgement in all areas, e.g. making design trade-offs, assessing risks, dealing with others.
· A Master’s /Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3 – 5 years of Work Experience in application and software development.
· A working knowledge of programming languages such as Java, C# .Net, PHP, C++, Python, etc...
· A working knowledge of database management systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, ORACLE, MongoDB, etc...
· Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
· Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
· Good communication and team-working skills.
· Demonstrable experience writing and maintaining robust production software
· Competence in one or more mainstream development languages and frameworks
· Competence with one or more mainstream development and deployment tool chains (IDE, SCCS, CI)
· Experience of database design and use in software applications
· Knowledge of the web architecture and key technologies (HTTP, DNS, distributed design)
· Competence in test driven development, in developing for operational concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, security considerations)
Experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials within seven days of this announcement via Email: email@example.com or hand delivery to the company’s office located at Bole Sub-City behind Friendship City Center next to Jupiter Hotel;
Note: - Please make sure that you mention the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, CV and educational credentials. Applications without these will not be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.