|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy Announcement No. 52– 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. The ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, the Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position:- Senior Specialist IT Security
Job Grade: - 9
Duty Station: - AddisAbaba – Head Office
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose: - Senior Specialist, IT Security responsible for the assessment, resolution, and maintenance of IT application and database security requirements. He/she reviews and assess IT application and database security for potential threats and vulnerabilities.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help Build, maintain, and enforce application security development policies, procedures & standards.
- Assists the division manager in developing plan, budget, and report of the division.
- Provide application security services into the software development lifecycle including secure design, coding techniques and reviews, education & awareness, process and tools, security testing support and guidance.
- Develop secure coding standards that are based on industry-accepted best practices.
- Perform web application security vulnerability and Penetration tests.
- Identify application security risks and requirements for new projects and system developments.
- Provide technical advice to ensure that security standards are met
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security and consult team members on secure coding practices.
- Provide regular status reports on the security of the software within the organization
- Maintains up-to-date security documentation and inventory of corporate Applications and DB and their license information
- Participate in project Planning, requirement analysis and provide security inputs for the project
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to application developer.
- Coaches, Mentors, Trains and guides junior staffs
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- MSC/BSC in Computer Science /Information Systems/ related fields
- 4/6 years relevant IT related experience out of which 4 years on Information Security/Software development experience
Ability and Skill Required
- Demonstrated software development proficiency (C#, Java)
Experience in designing secure systems, applications and databases.
Strong understanding of application security vulnerability detection and mitigation, including but not limited to OWASP top 10
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant documents via: email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, AddisAbaba on or before August 10, 2020.