|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 27, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 040–2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position : Senior Specialist, IT Security
Job Grade: 9
Duty Station: Addis Ababa - Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: The purpose of this job is to increase the productivity of the exchange by setting a secure design standard for infrastructure, analyzing and assessing potential security risks, developing plans to deal with such incidents by putting measures in place such as firewalls, Intrusion Preventions and encryption, monitoring and auditing systems for abnormal activity, and executing corrective actions.
Summary Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists the division manager in developing plan, budget, and report of the division.
· Help Build, maintain, and enforce application security development policies, procedures& standards.
· Provide application security services into the software development lifecycle including secure design, coding techniques and reviews, education & awareness, process and tools, security testing support and guidance.
· Develop secure coding standards that are based on industry-accepted best practices.
· Perform web application security vulnerability and Penetration tests.
· Identify application security risks and requirements for new projects and system developments.
· Provide technical advice to ensure that security standards are met
· Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security and consult team members on secure coding practices.
· Provide regular status reports on the security of the software within the organization
· Performs regular IT security audit & risk assessment on ECX and Partner Networks and systems based on the ECX IT security policy & ISO 27001 and deliver reports
· Coordinates with the corporate Security Incident Handling Response Team (SIHRT) for security incidents (violation, breaches, attacks, system down…etc.), performs forensic analysis and submits the report
· Maintains up-to-date security documentation and inventory of corporate Applications and DB and their license information
· Participate in project Planning, requirement analysis and provide security inputs for the project
· Recommends program improvements or corrections to application developer.
· Identifies coding and development issues enter them into the defect tracking system and resolve the issue with application developer.
· Coaches, Mentors, Trains and guides junior staffs
· Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- MSc\BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology and related fields.
- 4/6 years relevant IT related experience out of which 2/4 years on Information Security/Software development experience
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant documents via: email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before May 04, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.