|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 28, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR) has been working in Ethiopia since 1984. Its initial intervention was predominantly focused on famine relief through the provision of emergency health service assistance to people affected by famine. CPAR’s major humanitarian and emergency interventions were a supply of skilled personnel, medical supplies and materials for emergency, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and health services.
CPAR, in response to the “Partnerships for Her Voice, Her Choice” call for proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), is implementing a 4 years’ project proposal entitled “Enhancing Sexual Reproductive Health for Women and Adolescents” (ESWA). The project aims to improve women and adolescent girls reproductive, sexual health by increasing awareness of and access to high quality gender-responsive and youth-friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in selected zones in the Amhara and Oromia Regional States. This project proposal has been selected and funded by GAC. As a result, CPAR, in collaboration with various universities and local partners is implementing the project. For this project, CPAR is seeking qualified candidates for Senior SRH/Gender officer position.
Principal Function: The senior SRH/Gender officer has the responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of all the technical activities pertaining to the project assignment in accordance with the general policies, procedures, budgets and instructions put forward by the funder and the Ethiopian Ministry of Health guidelines.
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Performs professional planning and implementation. Can coordinate and mentor field project officers and assist in the implementation of different programs/projects, particularly on Gender and SRH.
- Supports capacity building for staff, partners, community groups, volunteers and field facilitators on how to practically integrate gender and SRH activities in the communities
- Ensures the quality and appropriateness of different project interventions, analyses the constraints related to managing and ensuring the smooth running of technical activities of the project.
- Provides technical support and supportive supervision to program areas to ensure quality performance and sustainability of projects.
- Coordinates and participates in determining technical needs and resource requirements to carry out projects. Can prepare, review and analyze performances.
- In collaboration with the M and E coordinator, supports the monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Participates in fundraising and networking activities.
- Coordinates and participates in ensuring timely preparation of progress and annual reports
- Prepares terms of reference for contractual specialists.
- Identifies areas of cooperation with other related projects in the country.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Reproductive Health, Public Health, Gender or related fields, with a health-related background.
- Five years work experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SRH and gender related projects
- Well acquainted with Ethiopian SRH and Gender policies, plans and procedures.
- Takes initiative and is goal oriented Knowledge and experience working in different tiers of the health system in Ethiopia
- Work experience in a non-governmental organization is advantageous.
- Good communication and writing skills, is adaptable, flexible and resourceful, able to adopt an organized and methodological approach, sense of confidentiality.
- Proven skills in drafting and preparing reports.
- Languages – good English (written and spoken)