|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
Call for Consultancy (including freelance) for the roles of Senior Supervisor
The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia is implementing trachoma elimination programs in Oromia Region, Ethiopia. The Foundation is working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness.
1. Supervise the data collection team while they are collecting data from selected village/Cluster.
2. Ensure the quality of the collected data as per the Tropical data standard.
3. Communicate with WHO focal person on incidents happening on the field.
4. Strictly supervise the work of second level supervisors
5. Prepare weekly plan and share to FMOH, ORHB and FHFE and report its implementation.
6. Prepare and share daily and weekly report to FHFE, RHB, FMOH and Tropical data Advisor.
7. Ensure that the number of under-fives reach minimum requirement before the team is leaving the EU.
8. Lead the survey team properly utilize the materials entrusted to them for the survey including TTC and Hand sanitizers no wastage as per the standard.
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for the position with relevant educational background & other essential criteria including;
· Degree in Public Health, International Development, or in a related field.
· Solid experience in Trachoma programming
· Previous experience and the required skill set for the roles stipulated in the table
· Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed-language environments.
· Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach, and a can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Specialized in ophthalmology, one or more years of experience as field data collector’s supervisor
1. Tropical Data-certified superisor/trainer
2. Willing to commit at least 60 days at the field/supervision- possible extension
3. That can speak Oromifa preferred
Applications should be made only via ethiojobs and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate skills and experience and the ability to travel throughout the Oromia Region.
The application will be closed in October 14, 2021.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.