|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
|Category|| Delivery |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Position Title||Senior Supply Chain and Asset Management Assistant|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the overall supervision of the Head Resources Management Officer, SLO Addis Ababa and the direct supervision of Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the Warehouse Management activities for IOM Mission in Ethiopia
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Procurement & Logistics officers monitor ensure up-to-date asset tracking with accurate reflection of these items in the system in IOM Ethiopia Mission.
- Ensure all commitments of the project are actively monitored and monthly closure of unacquired assets through IOM internal system (PRISM)
- Coordinate and regularly communicate with CAS-Asset Accounting, RAS and ACO to respond on missions’ query on assets and periodic checklist reports, respectively.
- Ensure tracking of ALL Leases of the mission and a monthly Amortization is done regularly.
- Conduct annual asset inventory process that is in compliance with IOM’s financial regulations and the applicable IPSAS requirements. Monitor Responsible for mission’s asset control including acquisitions, transfer, retirement, and disposals.
- Oversee the control and administration of the missions' asset through integrated system – SAP/PRISM (Materials Management Module) and maintains annual asset accounting and maintenance process.
- Draft an agenda and lead the Asset Acquisition and Disposal Committee (AADC) quarter meetings for endorsement of scrap and obsolete assets of the mission for immediate disposals.
- Coordinate with all parties involved in supply chain including vendors, transporters, shipment clearing agents, and key actors in the chain to avoid associated risks, delays and gaps.
- Follow up on all import permits and tax exoneration processes for incoming shipments. Ensure timely customs clearance is in place for relief items procured from global vendors.
- Ensure appropriate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of key performance indicators, and assessments that are fit in expediting goods delivery with proper tracking and reporting.
- Analyze supply dashboards, implementation rates of key performance indicators and supply information/data from various systems and conduct root cause analysis of supply chain bottlenecks and challenges, with a view to drive improvements.
- Design and Implement the international shipment tracking matrix, analyze the gap to overcome related custom clearance challenges and provide regular status reports to Procurement and Logistics Officer. Be the focal person for all customs related queries within IOM.
- Coordinate with custom clearing agent, warehouse staffs and global vendors for smooth operation a logistics service. Supervise relevant logistics colleagues and provide required support as needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in business administration with 5 years of working experience or
· University degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or any other relevant field of study with 7 years of working experience.
- Minimum of five to Seven years of professional work experience in Assets/Property Management and other logistics responsibilities is required with consideration to the above mentioned in the Education Section;
- Thorough Knowledge in SAP – Asset Management Module
- Good level of computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Windows / MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Sensitive and awareness of the local development,
· Fluency in English and Amharic (oral and written).
· knowledge of other Ethiopian local languages is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies;
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by July 8th , 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!