Senior Technical Advisor, HPV
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH in Ethiopia is currently implementing various high impact projects with the aim of saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable and underserved women and children in the country. PATH Ethiopia office in collaboration with the Global Policy, Access and Introduction team is now looking for Senior Technical Advisor who can provide technical assistance to the national immunization program in Ethiopia.
The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the Country Director of PATH office in Ethiopia and expected to work closely with the global HPV and national immunization team particularly those supported by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. The Senior Technical Advisor is expected to mainly provide technical support to MOH/EPI on the national scale up and rollout of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) effort and hand in hand provide technical assistance for the introduction of other new vaccines as per the national plan.
Major Duties of the Senior Technical Advisor
- Provide Technical Assistance to the Ethiopia National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) to support implementation, improvements, and routinization of HPV vaccinations in the national program.
- Provide trainings, capacity building, and technical support in areas of infection prevention and control, immunization practices, service provision, data reporting, risk communication, demand generation, and other activities that facilitate high coverage of HPV vaccine.
- Serve as a focal person for PATH’s HPV vaccine-related work in Ethiopia.
- Provide leadership to and management for PATH’s in-country and regionally based immunization teams.
- Provide technical support to federal MOH/EPI and regional health bureaus in new vaccine introduction and related issues.
- Coordinate the international and national support provided by PATH to EPI in close consultation with the FMOH/EPI.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other in country partners such as UNICEF, WHO and CHAI in providing support for HPV vaccine delivery.
- Actively engage in internal and external team meetings and teleconferences to provide country update, discuss on issues and identify solutions.
- Stay current with latest technical knowledge/experience regarding HPV vaccine introduction, and other new vaccines of the investment portfolio of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Collaborate with Advocacy and communication team (in-country and global) and support EPI and regions in identifying appropriate social mobilization and demand generation activities and strategies for the HPV vaccine delivery and uptake.
- Properly communicate/report results of technical assistance to in-country leadership and immunization team, Global HPV team and other external stakeholders as required.
- Represent the HPV activities in Ethiopia at international, regional, and national meetings, where appropriate, and present findings from technical assistance work.
- Provide backup support to PATH’s Global HPV team for provision of technical assistance related to HPV vaccine and vaccination programs to other countries in Africa, as need arises and time allows.
- Contribute to development and writing of proposals for new projects.
- Provide additional support as necessary to build the portfolio of PATH Ethiopia or Global Policy, Access and Introduction team.
- Support Ministry of Health and represent PATH in discussions related to new vaccine introduction.
- Travel domestically, regionally and/or internationally, as required.
Must have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Advanced degree (MD or PhD highly preferred) in public health, epidemiology, medicine, or related field.
- Ten to fifteen years of relevant work experience in public health with strong skill and knowledge in the field of immunization particularly in provision of technical assistance to the public sector.
- Demonstrated experience in employing epidemiological and operational skills in planning and programing national rollout of health program with particular emphasis to immunization and new vaccine implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of immunization systems and country immunization programs. Specific knowledge of the structure and operations of the Ethiopia Expanded Program on Immunization desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of vaccine-preventable disease epidemiology, qualitative and quantitative study design, and program planning and evaluation of vaccine delivery.
- Knowledge of HPV and cervical cancer epidemiology, HPV vaccines, and reproductive health in developing country contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct support program planning and evaluation in developing country contexts, preferably with vaccination programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-country, team-based organizational structure.
- Strong experience in country or community-based field experience with vaccine delivery.
- Demonstrated skills in writing scientific reports for governments, stakeholders, and non-technical audiences.
- Articulate communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other information processing software.
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Nvivo, Atlas.ti, EPI-Info, or others.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and to competent track timelines and deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Please use the following link:
https://bit.ly/3A14MTu to apply. Or Search under the following website: http://www.path.org/jobs
Application deadline is on Tuesday 17th August 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from email@example.com or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org