|Location||Oromia, Amhara and SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The project is currently seeking qualified Short-term Health System Strengthening Field Support Consultant will be based at various regions to provide site-level supportive supervision at health facilities to improve supply chain and pharmacy service activities, the Integrated pharmaceutical Logistics System (IPLS), availability, dispensing, and proper use of HIV/AIDS, Malarial, RH/FP, MCH and TB commodities through on the job training, mentoring, and coaching. He/She also supports the implementation of Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) for ARVs, the integration of HIV/RTK in the IPLS, promote the implementation multi month dispensing (MMD) for ARVs and the recommendations of End User Verification Assessments for malaria and MNCH commodities. Please see the criteria below and the SOW for details information.:
Level of Effort and Location
- This short-term position will work five days a week and be based at the assigned regional health bureaus (Oromia, Amhara and SNNPR regional states).
Number of Positions
- Eight positions
Duration of assignment
- July 14, 2021, to September 24, 2021
- The short-term GHSC-PSM HSS FS consultant will report directly to the assigned GHSC-PSM HSS FS coordinator/specialist and will be accountable to the regional health bureau.
Scope of Work (SOW)
(Short term HSS FS Consultant)
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global and local collaboration to improve the availability of health commodities
The short-term GHSC-PSM Health System Strengthening Field Support Consultant is responsible for providing technical and financial support to strengthen the health supply chain management and pharmacy service activities of the project at woreda health Office (WoHO) and Health Facility levels. The short term HSS FS consultant, in collaboration with RHBs/ZHDs/ WoHOs, will provide site-level supportive supervision and support health facilities to improve health supply chain management, dispensing, and proper use of HIV/AIDS, Malarial, RH/FP, MCH and TB commodities through on the job training, mentoring, and coaching. He/She also supports the implementation of Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) for ARVs, the integration of HIV/RTK in the IPLS, promote the implementation multi month dispensing (MMD) and the recommendations of End User Verification Assessments for malaria and MNCH commodities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide site-level supportive supervision at health facilities to improve health supply chain management and pharmacy service activities, the Integrated pharmaceutical Logistics System (IPLS), Drug and Therapeutic Committees (DTCs), good dispensing practice availability, and proper use of HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning and reproductive health, TB and MCH commodities through on the job training, supervision, mentoring, and coaching in collaboration with RHBs/ZHDs/ WoHOs.
- Support the implementation of Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) for ARVs and promote multi month dispensing (MMD) for ARVs at ART sites.
- Provide support to ART sites on recording, documentation, PMIS monthly report generation and data quality problems of PMIS at ART sites
- Support the triangulation of the dispensed-to-user data from the ART pharmacy with the consumption data on the report and requisition form ((RRF) of health facilities.
- Conduct data triangulation of the ART PMIS data with the ART clinic data in terms of regimen, number client and other parameters
- Support the implementation of different initiatives, guidelines and programmatic changes of HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning and reproductive health, and MCH commodities
- Collaborate with RHBs, ZHDs, WoHOs, Health Facilities and EPSA to promote availability of health commodities for HIV/AIDS, Malarial, RH/FP and TB programs.
- Support to implement Auditable Pharmaceutical Transactions and Services (APTS).
- Provide site level support to strengthen the implementation of the Integrated Pharmaceutical Logistics System to improve data quality, RRF reporting,
- Report regularly to the HSS FS coordinator on progress/results achieved in regional HSS FS work plans, and resolve any challenges faced.
- Compile regular reports to present progress achieved in the site level support activities.
- In collaboration with relevant GHSC-PSM Ethiopia team, document HSS FS best practices in the health supply chain system and pharmacy services of the project.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the project policy manual.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy; advanced degree in pharmacy & public health preferable
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in health supply chain and pharmacy services system strengthening or related field; USAID experience preferred.
- Significant experience in system strengthening of the Ethiopian public health supply chain management, with experience related to HIV/AIDS, Malarial and RH/FP programs,
- Proven experience in providing technical assistance to public health supply chain and pharmacy services system strengthening activities at site level
- Skilled in working in high-performing teams and independently deliver expected result
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Willingness to travel in the assigned regions of Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
To apply, please use preferably the following link to submit your application including updated curriculum vitae: PSMEthiopiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org . Please specify the short term HSS FS consultant position and the preference of the region as the subject line in your application and submit no later than July 01, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.