|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 28, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The site SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs. Where geographical proximity, size and complexity permit, this role may cover more than one site.
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions, and water & energy consumption
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with ManEx
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program (if applicable to the site PS risks)
and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for
Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements.
and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to
occupational ill health.
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE is auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
- University degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
- Excellent knowledge of SHE Standards
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety
- Influencing skills
- Good observation and auditing skills
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.