|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Save the Children is seeking Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Advisor candidates for several upcoming opportunities to lead and manage all aspects of health/nutrition programming within Ethiopia.
The SBC Lead will oversee SBC activities’ design, planning, and implementation. S/he will be responsible for supporting SBC interventions across the activity by playing a lead role in guiding formative research; developing an integrated SBC strategy and implementation plan; supporting the development of tools; and monitoring the progress of activities to ensure a consistent and coherent execution of interventions.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Develop and implement SBC–related qualitative and quantitative formative research together with the MEAL team to inform the SBC strategy development.
- Lead SBC strategy development and provide technical guidance and coordination for the participatory design and implementation, particularly at household and community levels (includes: interpersonal communication, mass and social media- community mobilization and advocacy; capacity strengthening; monitoring and learning) in close collaboration with SBC colleagues from SCUS.
- Provide technical guidance for the development, adaptation, field testing, and effective use of state of-the art SBC approaches, materials, tools and job aids in support of improved outcomes in nutrition, health, livelihoods and resilience outcomes nutrition, MCH, livelihoods and resilience-building.
- Train and mentor staff on the implementation of the strategy, approaches, tools, and job aids.
- Support the development of effective SBC M&E indicators and evaluation designs.
- Lead material and activity field testing design and implementation in collaboration with SCUS SBC colleagues.
- Support capacity strengthening and strategies to improve community-led advocacy and community mobilization in support of addressing the nutrition, health, health, livelihoods and resilience needs of the poorest and most underserved, and gender norm change.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relationships with a broad range of community, public, and private sector counterparts
- Identify and supervise technical deliverables of SBC consultants, design agencies and mass media production houses.
- Ensure timely and quality completion of all relevant program deliverables and reporting.
- Document SBC and community mobilization approaches, successes and challenges to support programmatic and sector-wide learning.
- Generate timely information regarding SBC strategy effectiveness, feeding this information into collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) processes and leading necessary adjustments.
- Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
- Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
- Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
- Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
- We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
- Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse.