|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is an interactive process of any intervention with individuals, group or community to develop communication strategies to promote positive behaviors which are appropriate to their settings and solve world’s most pressing health problems. Social and behavioral Change Experts will create a supportive environment which will enable people to initiate, sustain and maintain positive and desirable behavior outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Plan and coordinate SBCC activities (interventions) in supporting of HIV AIDS care and treatment program for KPPs including U=U messaging.
- Provide technical assistance, support, training, and facilitate in the development of KPPs services, U=U message and develop behavior change communication tools and materials related to this program.
- Provide technical assistance to staffs in designing and implementing the SBCC for KPPs
- Coordinate and Facilitate KPPs SBCC related meetings organized at national and regional level.
- Develop/participate in developing U=U communications strategy with the participation of FHAPCO technical staffs, key stakeholders and partners.
- Development SBCC & IEC/BCC materials tailored to KPPs, print and disseminate to different stakeholders.
- Coordinate messaging campaign on KPPs and U=U at federal level and provide necessary TA for regions in message campaigning at their level.
- Develop message related to KPPs and U=U services and facilitate the transmission using mainstreaming media.
- Provide Technical Support to regions in developing SBCC & IEC/BCC materials with regard to KPPs.
- Develop reporting tools and formats and collect reports on monthly bases from region.
- Design and develop innovative SBCC & IEC/BCC materials and proactive approach on information dissemination through a wide variety of channels and approaches.
- Responsible for Multi-sectoral Response Coordination Directorate Director (MSRCD) and Work closely with team members who are working in MSRCD.
- Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor (MSRCD Director and the behavioral team leader) in the regional health bureau.
- Minimum of MPH/MS /MA/ in Public health, health communication, International Development with an emphasis on communication for development (a combination of strong field experience and a Bachelor’s degree in health science will also be considered);
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in developing HIV/AIDS SBCC & IEC/BCC materials and communication strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, problem solving, and program management skills required;
- Successful planning, facilitation, and management of events including stakeholder/audience consultation workshops, materials/product pretesting activities, focus groups, meetings, conferences, and program launches;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and oral presentation skills: in using different language
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Women applicants fulfilling the minimum requirement are highly Encouraged to apply
Applicants who fulfill the above requirements should submit their application, CV and non-returnable copies of testimonials to our office located at “Jomo Kenyata Street’’ around St. Uriel Church, near to Bambis super market, Afework Building, 6th floor within 10 (Ten) working days after the date of the announcement, or submit CVs and copies of testimonies the following address,
Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control Office Human Resource Management & Property Administration Directorate.
Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office.