|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Reference No:||REC/ 079 /21|
|Job title:||Social Behaviour Change Communication Officer|
|Location:||South Omo -Hamer|
|Reports to:||Senior SBCC Officer|
|Number of Posts||1 (One)|
|Closing date:||September 12, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The SBCC Officer will be responsible in the implementation of the nutrition component “Improved and Sustained Nutritional Status of Women and Children” in the assigned Woredas. The position holder will participate in SBCC program design, implementation, adaptation, and monitoring in line with the project strategic plan. Provides technical assistance, direction and support to the community development worker who will be assigned at woreda level. Work closely with local health authority and schools and community in the establishment of care groups and nutrition school clubs.
The post holder is required to have in-depth knowledge of nutrition, SBCC and care group approach. She/ He will directly supervise the community development workers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES:
- Engage with community and local government stakeholders at woreda level to improve nutrition and hygiene practices at household level through care group approach and blanket nutrition and hygiene messaging,
- Establish care groups in consultation with the HEWs and local health authorities
- Participate in context specific nutrition researches and barrier analysis to identify triggers for healthy nutrition and hygiene behaviors,
- Plan and conduct care group approach trainings for HEWs, local authorities and community,
- Organize quarterly and annual care group review meetings at woreda level in discussion with woreda health authorities to discuss on program implementation, lesson learnt and plan for future activities.
- Work closely with school clubs, provide technical assistance on nutrition messaging and SBCC tools,
- Mobilize school clubs, key stakeholders and community leaders on nutrition and hygiene promotion and for a better implementation,
- Work closely with local authorities, community and HEWs to increase demand for pro nutrition and hygiene products.
- Work closely with market and production officers on increasing supply for pro nutrition and hygiene products,
- Use already established groups under the government or other P2R components to leverage healthy nutrition and hygiene behavior.
- Monitor the activities of care group and school clubs closely,
- Responsible in documenting woreda level project results and impacts in various forms, lessons learned, case studies and other areas, and share to line manager,
- Responsible in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation for pro nutrition and hygiene products,
Directly supervise woreda level community development workers.
- Recruit and induct community development workers.
- Provide strong and professional leadership to the team
- Develop strong and professional relationships across the consortium.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· At least three years previous experience in nutrition program and SBCC,
· Diploma and above in nutrition/public health or social science
· Good English language skills
· Good communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
· Extensive knowledge of nutrition and SBCC
· Good computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences
- Qualified and experienced candidates who is very good understanding of the local Language & culture.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process