|Location||Yeka Subcity, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Partner Africa is a leading not-for-profit social enterprise and a pioneer in the field of ethical and socially responsible business practice. The organisation is driven by a social mission to improve the livelihoods of workers and producers, while assisting access to international supply chains, bridging the gap between Africa and the international community.
For further details, please refer to our website: https://www.partnerafrica.org/careers/
Partner Africa seeks to appoint Social Compliance Lead Auditors .
The Auditor will perform ethical / social compliance audits primarily in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors, this is a contractual role, and not full time employment. Responsibilities:
- Audit primary agriculture and manufacturing units against specific standards, codes of conduct, schemes, (ETI, SMETA, SGP) which include health and safety requirements;
- Provide detailed audit reports and supporting evidence;
- Schedule audit visits;
- Review audit reports and corrective actions.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (for example: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or Law)with additional trainings preferred (SA8000, health and safety);
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the Human Resources; Agriculture; Manufacturing; Health and Safety or Ethical/Social compliance sector;
- Valid Drivers’ license and own transport (preferred);
- Extensive travelling (nationally) on an on-going basis;
- Knowledge of labour law and/or health and safety aspects;
- Very strong administrative and computer skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken English essential);
- Previous experience in Social compliance auditing, Health and Safety auditing or SMETA audits would be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV and a 50 word motivational letter stating why you are the best candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org