|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Number of position: One
Duty station: ICAP Ethiopia SI office (Addis Ababa)
The software development team leader will lead development/ enhancement of different software for patient monitoring, aggregate reporting, and HIV case-based surveillance. He/she will follow health informatics project management principles, processes, techniques and tools to ensure the application development and implementation meets specified quality standards. The software development team leader will lead data requirement specifications, adoption/development of standards and guidelines, software and related documentation development, data quality assurance and information use-related activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Manage system/application selection, customization and/or development life cycles.
· Select and implement appropriate software development technologies and methodologies /approaches.
· Evaluate HIS based on specified system quality standards for improvement
· Lead software development team of staff including programmers, system analysts, trainers, and support specialists
· Coordinate involvement of end-users, domain area experts, and other stakeholders in the design, development and implementation process of the information system
· Apply health informatics project management principles, processes, techniques, and tools to deliver quality software products within specified time and budget
· Plan and manage HIS revision/upgrading or scale-up projects
· Manage development or adoption of standards to ensure interoperability of different health systems
· Involve in national efforts towards strengthening privacy and confidentiality of data, and application of health informatics ethics during production, storage, retrieval, processing and dissemination of health data
· Design appropriate data backup mechanisms and disaster recovery plan; and coordinate its implementation at national and regional level
· Ensure implementation of software version control mechanisms
· Complete performance reports regularly
· Carry out other tasks as required
· BSc in public health, nursing, medicine or other health-related fields and Master’s degree in health informatics, or related field.
· More than 8 years of experience in the health sector with more than six years directly working on health information management, including HMIS, DHIS2, EMR or other patient monitoring system
· Adequate knowledge in the area of the health sector’s transformation agendas, interventional programs, Information System-related issues, and enterprise architecture.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the health system and health information systems in general and HIV-related information management including patient monitoring
· Ability to lead and produce results with a strong knowledge of results-based management
· Ability to organize information using the appropriate mode of presentation and style and to communicate effectively, illustrating the relevance of information to the intended audience.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and PowerPoint and basic knowledge of databases including SQL/oracle or any other RDBNS is required
· Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills, including ability to produce high quality reports and knowledge products
· Strong oral and written skills in English and Amharic
Interested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with non-returnable CV online at (www.ethiojobs.net)
-Only online applications are received
-NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 31, 2020