|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for culinary excellence and a keen eye for detail. You will assist the Executive Chef in providing exceptional food quality and presentation.
- Oversee and assist the kitchen staff in all aspects of food production
- Evaluate food products to ensure consistent quality standards
- Establish and maintain a regular maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- To Lead the Food Production and Strategic Planning in compliance with the guidelines provided by the Regional Chef
- To ensure the Food Quality is in accordance with the prescribed standards
- To Monitor and be responsible for adherence to Safety, Hygiene and Cleanliness standards & procedures
- Ensure availability of stock and raw materials through proper planning and co-ordination with the Purchase department.
- Set out procedures of dish / food cooking such as cooking time, methods and ingredients needed, presentation and serving instruction etc.
- Prepare and cook the food and monitor the food prepared and cooked by chefs and other kitchen staff to ensure a consistency of food quality.
- Work in association with the F & B Manager in the area of Promotions, Food Festivals, Menu planning & Pricing.
- Control food costs through effective recipe planning, costing, pricing and inventory management.
- Inspect all kitchen areas to ensure all health and safety regulations are adhered to the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department’s requirement.
- Able to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Supervise and train team members to achieve good performance standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and guests.
- Contribute to the Company’s overall customer services satisfaction.
- Carry out stocktaking in the kitchen regularly and monitor the stock level and ensure efficient stock management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in F&B operations preferably in hotel or catering industry
- Strong F&B knowledge in creating profitable, operational and edge-cutting solutions
- Accountability and able to work independently
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- day to day operations Staff:
- Manage one- to –one counselling /coaching with staff.
- Manage staff investigation.
- Manage staff evaluation.
- Assist in Interviewing and hiring staff.
- Conduct spot check for staff grooming (Uniform, appearance, name tag)
- Conduct spot check on staff knowledge on daily specials.
- Conduct briefing with supervisors on daily basis.
- Schedule work activities and communicate duties and hours to staff.
- Coach staff on how to do the job and motivate them to finish projects.
- Manage staff vacation plan.
- Manage staff attendance (absences, Leaves and lateness)
Environment, Health and Safety
- Monitor health and safety policies and ensure that best practices are followed:
- Fire prevention and evacuation
- Handling hazards
- First aid for staff members and guests
- Kitchen safety and security
- Monitor inspections, spot checks to ensure health, safety, are met within standards.
- HACCP certification
- Degree holder in Hospitality and management
- 12+ years of Experience with minimum 5 years of Management Experience in hospitality industry
- Strong leadership skills, mature, outgoing & guest oriented, good communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic, strong sense of responsibility and positive thinking
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Shift duty is required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail