|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No.60-2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
- Position: Specialist, General Accounts
Duty Station: Addis Ababa - Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Job is to ascertain the accuracy of all payments and its supporting documents, maintain proper books of accounts and records for ECX's financial and accounting transactions in line with ECX’s financial policies and procedures; perform coding and posting activities for all payments, collections and journal vouchers using the prevailing accounting system; prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement for Corporate, Saving, Settlement and Security Guarantee Fund accounts; assist external auditors for the financial audit work and produce periodic reports.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the development of draft annual plan of the division cascaded from the corporate strategic plan and develops individual annual performance plan.
· Actively participates in the development and revision of policy, procedure, guidelines and standards of the Division.
· Ascertains the accuracy of all payments and its supporting documents;
· Prepares monthly schedules for settlement of employee’s income tax, withholding tax, VAT and other government taxes in accordance with tax authority’s format;
· Performs coding and posting activities for all payments, collections and journal vouchers using the prevailing accounting system;
· Prepares monthly bank reconciliation against book balances;
· Duly reconciles Debtors and Creditors account by preparing statement of accounts;
· Closely follows up on long outstanding receivables and payables;
· Maintain mandate files for long outstanding receivables and payables;
· Continuously update the Division Manager, relevant ECX staffs and Departments on the status of all receivables and payables;
· Compiles the data required for adjusting entries in respect of accruals and prepayments on quarterly basis;
· Prepares account schedules and journal vouchers for depreciation, amortization and insurance expenses i.e. prepare adjusting entries for accrual and prepayments;
· Prepares journal voucher for used materials and supplies against GRN and SIV;
· Maintains Fixed Asset Register as per the accounting practices of the Exchange and undertake reconciliation with yearend count jointly with the Property Admin team;
· Undertakes timely reconciliation of stock account with the annual count report jointly with the Property Admin team;
· Makes proper follow up of the delivery and proper filing of original and other supporting financial documents ;
· Keeps and safeguard all financial documents in a chronological order after data entry;
· Assists the Division in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
· Assists in closing of accounts at the end of the fiscal year for the submission of draft accounts report;
· Delivers all services and reports within agreed SLAs;
· Performs other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Qualification and Experience
· MA/MBA/ACCA or BA in Accounting, Finance or related field.
· 2/4 years of relevant experience in accounting, financial analysis or related areas
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com on or before August 31, 2020.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.