|Date Posted||October 2, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Number of Position: Two (2)
Duty station: SPIR II Daro Lebu Woreda World Vision Field Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of Woreda food commodity warehouse store keeper is to handle the receipt, storage and dispatch of commodities at/ in warehouses and account for all commodities received in the warehouse, organizing and coordinating transportation of commodities in and out of the warehouse as and when required and as approved by supervisor. To ensure that warehouse is well maintained and meets safety and health standards. Communicate World Vision's core values and demonstrate a quality and exemplary discipline to staffs and subordinates operates in the area.
- Handle Warehouse Management in the implementation of sound warehouse practices including but not limited to the management of receipts and dispatches.
- Organize, maintain high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of warehouse; ensure that the warehouse is clean and neat at all times.
- Make sure the floor is cleaned every day and organize for general cleaning (roof, walls, between and under the stacks) once a week.
- Ensure that all debris, weeds, trash and food outside of the warehouse are removed, and cleanliness of the warehouse maintained in order to control against rodents.
- In consultation with commodity distribution supervisor and stock controller, ensure commodity safety and recommend for necessary actions in advance in case of infestation and other incidents.
- Ensure that any hazardous items are not stored in the food commodities warehouse.
- Responsible for the proper management and handling of food items as packaged, ensuring that loaders do not mishandle/throw bags/carton, and use hooks while loading or unloading.
- Make sure all mandatory warehouse items and equipment are available in the warehouse, and in good working condition, fire extinguishers, cleaning supplies, first aid supplies and weighing scales are accessible at all times.
- Ensure all good warehouse practices are implemented and maintained as required.
- Responsible to use double locking system to ensure proper resource protection.
Commodity Management and Control
- Responsible for proper accounting of all commodities received. Check the trucks on arrival at the warehouse and count the commodities, first on the truck and during offloading in to the warehouse. If there are any shortages, damages or excess promptly make notation on all copies of the delivery note/waybill.
- Conduct truck inspection and prepare the respective Truck Inspection Report (TIR).
- Separate all damaged/unfit commodities from good ones. In consultation with the commodity management arrange for the disposal of all commodities unfit for human consumption upon receipt of the necessary authorization (seizure form, public health certificate and authorization from the donor). Ensure proper documentation of such activity in the form (destruction certificate).
- Separate all torn bags / leaking tins and cans and reconstitute them immediately into new bags, and jerry cans.
- Be present and count the commodities when the truck is being loaded and offloaded. Maintain a tally sheet and random measurement sheet for all commodities being offloaded and loaded from the warehouse.
- Always ensure that commodities entering or leaving the warehouse must have a delivery note/waybill and duly signed by an authorized signatory.
- Ensure that the driver receiving the commodities signs all copies of waybill before leaving the warehouse premises.
- Ensure that at all times trucks loaded with commodities in the warehouse are covered with tarpaulins.
- Organize for daily/weekly/monthly physical stock count and ensure records tally with available physical stocks and any differences documented.
- At all-time make sure that all commodity stacks in the warehouse have stack cards. Also maintain stock control cards and warehouse ledger and update them after every transaction.
Reports and Documentation
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports (receipt and dispatch summaries, for submission to the commodity reporting team.
- Maintain updated records (stacks cards, stock control sheets and warehouse ledger and reports (weekly/monthly etc.).
- Ensure all relevant documents are maintained properly.
- Ensure all records are maintained as per storage and commodity manual.
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the food assistance management.
Warehouse Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Responsible for the supervision and performance management of all the warehouse staff including casual laborers contracted to offer day jobs.
- With consultation with the commodity management, organize and supervise the development and execution of work plans and schedules for the warehouse staff.
- In consultation with the commodity management, assist in determining the warehouse staff training needs and capacity building activities for warehouse staff including cleaners.
- 3 - 4 Years of experience in food assistance / food aid programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 3 years’ experience on food aid / food commodities warehouse keeping, supervision or management.
- BA/BSc / or Diploma in Food Science , Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Management , Supply chain management and related fields
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and working understanding of PSNP and USAID commodity management standards
- Demonstrated capacity on food commodities warehouse management and supervision.
- Experience on commodity reporting accounting,
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Excellent knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies