|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Planning and Implementation
- Plan and implement all food assistance program activities of the Woreda through engaging all local level government structures.
- Supervise the implementation of standard food assistance and commodity distribution operational procedures
- Plan and establish quality commodity management at warehouse, documentation, overall commodity flow and reporting.
- Ensure effective planning of commodity distribution activities for each FDPs.
- Ensure implementation according to humanitarian core standards and principles to ensure that resources can be transferred to program beneficiaries appropriately.
- Provide technical support during targeting and registration of beneficiaries
Coordination and Collaboration.
- Collaborate and closely work with food assistance technical team, Woreda level team, and local government to improve and enhance food assistance standards and ensure appropriate transfer.
- Participate in Woreda level food security task force meetings, provide technical advice and share relevant points with internal team.
- Lead food distribution activities in collaboratively working with Woreda World Vision commodity team and management.
- Ensure all stakeholders’ engagement in the process of food transfer to ensure program accountability is effectively and transparently delivered.
- Cooperate with consortium food monitoring, compliance and reporting team to ensure food assistance operation quality.
- Organize and conduct periodic food transfer review meeting at Woreda level.
Perform Commodity Distribution Activities
- Ensure correctness of beneficiary documents like MBL, BDL etc and manage related printings before scheduling for distribution.
- Manage any system implemented to assist / simplify food distribution processes and enhance quality of food transfer.
- Draw workable distribution plan and ensure effective implementation of the plan.
- Ensure program beneficiaries are informed distribution date and related information 3 days in advance.
- Ensure that required food commodities are timely requested, issued, and transported to distribution centers in timely manner.
- Plan , organize, mobilize , and coordinate commodity distributors and others support team to carry – out effective distribution at each final distribution points ( FDPs)
- Ensure that all pre - distribution, on – distribution and post- distribution activities requirements are properly addressed on regular basis.
- Supervise all food distribution activities at FDPs and ensure that distribution is carried out according to plan
- Ensure that DCVR (Distribution Center Visit Report) is done at each FDP regularly and documented appropriately.
- Responsible to plan, establish, strengthen, and implement compliant response mechanism in all FDPs.
- Support all food monitoring and reporting activities through regular field level facilitation, information provision and contributing through team work.
Team Leading and Supervision
- Build and develop the capacity of commodity distribution staff, warehouse keepers, guards and cleaners on commodity management and implementation standards to ensure compliance is sustainably and effectively maintained at all levels.
- Support on recruitment of distributors, warehouse staff, and scoopers
- Identifies commodity staff capacity gaps; coach and report.
- Responsible to establish proper reporting lines ensuring duty segregation to protect food commodity resources from fraud, theft and misuse.
- Execute regular team meeting to review food assistance progress, gaps, learning, and draw way forwards.
- Contribute to performance evaluation of Woreda level commodity staff.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
3 - 5 Years of experience in food assistance / food programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 2 years’ experience on food aid / food assistance distribution supervision and coordination works.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
MA/MSc or BA/BSc Food Science , Agricultural Economics, Business Administration / Project Management , Disaster Management, Agriculture and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge and working understanding of PSNP and USAID Food Security and Resilience programs
- Demonstrated capacity on commodity distribution management and team coordination.
- Experience in food assistance programing, Grants/project management, Market assessment and Analysis, Cash transfer programing, food aid monitoring and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Excellent knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to speak Afan Oromo
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only