|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
|Category|| Retail |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Contract |
Number of Position: FOUR (4)
Duty station: SPIR II Daro Lebu Wereda WVE Field Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the Food Commdity Distributor position is to receive, arrange and distribute food commodities to beneficiaries. She/he recordes and keeps all the necessary commodity and beneficary related documents. The Food Commodity Distributor is responsible to provide quality commodity management, effective distribution and accurate reporting and documentation on all commodity distributions handled by World Vision.
Commodity Management and Control
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to World Vision arriving at distribution centers are properly accounted for.
- Inspect all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution centers.
- Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any (In the field and FDP).
- Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading
- At the distribution center, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution.
- All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair.
- Organize and supervise food distributions and equipment / materials in the field and FDPs.
- Ensure that commodities must be properly stacked on plastic sheet at distribution center.
- Ensure that the distribution center is properly organized and secured with ropes and crowd control measures put in place to ensure smooth distribution and flow of beneficiaries.
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment are available at the distributions center, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
- Coordinate with community mobilizers and verify beneficiary identity and eligibility
- Coordinate and collaborate with community key figures and health workers to ensure communities are well protected from COVID – 19 through implementation of regulation given by ministry of health.
Reports and Documentation
- Prepare daily distribution center visit reports and submit to commodity distribution reports.
- Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the office for safe storage
- Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each center.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Candidates should have at least 1 years’ previous experience in similar positions.
- Prospective candidates should have a minimum of high secondary school education
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel frequently with difficult environment, harsh and demanding conditions.
- Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk areas.
- Good command of oral and written English. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies