SPIR II Woreda Food Commodity Stock Controller (Commodity Accountant)
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Duty station: SPIR II Daro Lebu Woreda WVE Field Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of SPIR II Woreda Food Commodity Stock Controller / Commodity Accountant Position is to provide expertise in controlling all commodity transactions, records, flow and mandatory commodity reporting. The stock controller will ensure smooth commodity handling, recording and movement at Woreda level. The stock controller will largely contribute to food assistance effectiveness through maintaining and controlling records as per donor and organizational standards / requirements in context to SPIR II operation.
- Plan and carry - out Woreda food assistance (commodity) stock controlling and commodity accounting activities as per food aid / food assistance stock controlling principles, accounting, standards and procedures.
- Ensure that standard food assistance operational procedures are implemented in record keeping, warehouse management and documentation.
- Suggest improvement ways of inventory control, revise checklists and mechanisms to establish quality commodity tracking in terms of warehousing, documentation, overall commodity flow and food transfer.
- Conduct field monitoring activities to SDPs, FDPs, and satellite distribution centers to ensure food handling, recording, flow and movement.
- Produce workable monthly and periodic mandatory commodity reports preparation plan and ensure effective implementation of the plan according to commodity accounting standards and principles to contribute to report quality and meet reporting deadlines.
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work closely with field level commodity supervisor, store keepers, World Vison PDP stock controller and consortium level SPIR II food assistance information reporting specialist to maintain and enhance food assistance information reporting quality.
- Active participation in meetings / TWG and contribute to program effectiveness regarding food commodities stock controlling and management.
- Perform smooth and ensure effective communication Woreda level commodity team, World Vision commodity accountant and consortium reporting specialist.
- Contribute significantly to stock controlling, and reporting processes in collaboratively working with store keepers, commodity and logistic specialist, and reporting specialist.
Undertake Stock Controlling and Reporting Activities
- Ensure proper warehouse and distribution records are managed / conducted to the proper donor and WVE standards.
- Prepare quality monthly commodity reports for Woreda World Vision Field Office and ensure submission of mandatory commodity reports to the Food Assistance Information Reporting Specialist (FAIRS).
- Support FAIRS / HO commodity accountant in data entry, documentation and filing
- Work closely with FAIRS especially on CCTS, posting of reports to the DGDB, IC and quarter (QWICR) reports to own systems and handle related tasks in the absence of FAIRS or HO commodity accountant.
Monitor Woreda warehouse staff performance and Coaching
- Monitor Woreda warehouse commodity staff capacity gaps and implementation of each duty’s JD to enhance performance of each staff and ensure positive and collaborative working relationships in line with WVE’s Code of Conduct in collaboration with SPIR II Woreda World Vison Field Office Coordinator and Commodity Distribution Supervisor (CDS)
- Identify warehouse commodity staff capacity gaps and propose action points.
- Ensure Woreda level food commodities warehouse store keepers are well trained and manage commodity and records properly.
- 3 - 4 Years of experience in food assistance / food aid programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 2 years’ experience on food aid / food commodities stock controlling / commodity accounting.
- BA/BSC / Diploma in Food Science , Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Management, Accounting , Disaster Management, Agriculture and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and working understanding of PSNP and USAID commodity accounting standards
- High level of capacity on food commodities stock controlling and reporting.
- Experience on CCTS / LMMS and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Excellent knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies