|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2019|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Sponsorship Manager for Country Office who will be reporting to the Head of Program Operation.
Dimensions of Core Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop country strategic plan related to sponsorship
- Develop Annual Sponsorship Action Plan
- Plan for sponsorship communications growth through clear phase in and phase out strategies aligned to the country strategy
- Direct, develop and manage for sponsorship growth and quality for achievement
- Establish, implement and monitor accountability standards of effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of sponsorship goals
- Manage partnership with program and donor customer, National Organizations and in-country organization in order to accomplish goals in growth and customer satisfaction
- Manage corporate sponsorships transactions
- Manage, motivate, develop, coach, and monitor teams and drive them to achieve the performance expectation/standard
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Observe compliance of standard of child protection on child sponsorship (children data information is kept safe, not disclosed to any unintended person, communication items screened for appropriate content, SP visits to meet requirements/zero tolerance to unannounced visits)
- Observe the compliance on Girls enrolment to reach the Global target
- Ensure timely and quality of communications (PAO, PAUs and VIG) at country level meets corporate requirements
- Manage Corporate Sponsorship software -Child Data users functions example approval of new users)
- Monitors any new development in sponsorship systems and policies
- Submitting Sponsorship communications monthly and quarterly reports to Country Management Team, Program Units and Regional Office and highlighting key areas which the management or field staffs need to work on
- Maintain good working relations with the different partners for sponsorship at different levels
- Prepare and Manage CO Sponsorship Department Budget and review PU sponsorship department budgets
- Analyse sponsorship related risks and develop mitigation strategies accordingly
- As a Member of Extended Country Management Team, present strategic and policy related agendas that help to maintain Sponsorship and Program integration and alignment
- Advocate for gender sensitive programming and build strategic alliances and partnerships internally and externally to ensure SPAD projects adhere this principle
Key End Results of Position
- Ensures all sponsorship processes and communications meet quality standards (meeting of child sponsorship communications commitments 6-10).
- Ensure SC and families actively engaged in production of sponsorship communication items
- Inform the Country Management timely about sponsorship issues for decision making and support.
- Ensure the growth and related action plans are managed and updated accordingly and appropriately to country situation
- Ensure the quality and timely submission of sponsorship communications through effective training and coaching to related persons and partnerships
- Ensure effective technical supports on corporate sponsorship system through close coordination with ICT department/unit
- Participate in resource mobilization with the BDD team to ensure sponsorship community needs addressed
- Ensure Less number of NOI regarding quality of sponsorship communication
- Zero or very few backlogs on the business process
- Ensure that Growth plans are implemented accordingly
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Journalism/English Language/Business Administration/ Sociology/ Psychology and related fields.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sponsorship management from International NGOs and at least 3 year of working experience at managerial level
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, coordination, organization and documentation skills
- Flexible, cross – culturally aware and adaptable to change
The closing date for the application is October 26, 2019. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.