|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 33 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Details of the vacant position
Reporting to:- Humanitarian Diplomacy & Membership Affairs Dept.
Terms of employment: Contract for Five Month (5 month)
Place of Work: - Addis Ababa
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Directly accountable for communication and partnership Coordinator and shall have the following major functional duties
- Participates and assists to plan and organize communicate and partnership management activities of the Society;
- Assist to prepare new policy guidelines or update existing’s for communication drive and partnership of the society.
- Assist in representing the Society in dealings with press, radio, television and other publicity media, attends meetings and social functions and events, and uses skill in communication(PR) techniques to obtain desired visibility;
- Arranges documentations of the Society’s communication matters and ensures that such documentations are made on video, films, movies, and photographs as appropriate; manages the audio visual documentation of the Society;
- Advises and proposes best suited communication activities to address issues or problems;
- Develops and maintains media relations to ensure visibility and /or coverage of the work of the Society by the media; builds up contacts with media representatives and partner organizations;
- Manages the supply, handling and distribution of audiovisual equipment, teaching materials/printing and materials needed for publicizing and documentation of the Society’s activities; and follows up the evaluation and proper and effective utilization of same
- Boosts and maintains the external visibility of the Society through publicizing its activities in various media and providing feedback from the public to service providers;
- Strengthens communication and information sharing for enhancing synergized organizational processes within the Society and for external visibility and accountability;
- Enhances stakeholders’ recognition of the Society as lead agency in humanitarian work through which resources can more effectively be channeled to serve the needy;
- Supports documentation, publication and communication of the Society’s objectives, principles, core values and activities for increased visibility, corporate image, and greater access to volunteers and others;
- Follow up, collect and compile reports and feed backs on communication and partnership.
- Continuously assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of the Society’s nationwide Communication and partnership programs and look for ways of improving the programs so as to bring about positive changes;
- Reviews and selects communication material compiled and submitted by the subordinate staff of the work unit in preparation for documentation and publicity;
- Represents the Society in dealings with press, radio, television and other publicity media, attends meetings and social functions and events, and uses skill in communication techniques to obtain desired visibility when assigned by superior;
- Collects planned feedbacks, monitors various media, prepares responses to protect the image of the society; as wee us conducts preliminary study and research for the betterment of the communication an partnership activities and report regularly on these activities to the superior.
- Cooperates with and regularly sends news to the international counterparts for further publicity and shares experience with other sister national societies;
- Organizes and stages special social forums or events that further enhance the Society’s goodwill and favorable publicity;
- As per the general directions given to her/him produces press releases and news reports to the media houses as part of media relations so that media houses support ERCS activities through complementary space, advertising space and air time;
- Constantly updates the Society’s website and posts on daily bases the social media and ensures that vital documents are accessed;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities of the job as assigned by the coordinator of communication and partnership coordinator.
- First degree in Journalism & Communication/ English Literature/ Theatrical arts, and Amharic Literature/Political Science & International Relations/ Education/ Pedagogical Science/Social Work/ Sociology/ Philosophy, Law, Humanities or any other relevant Social Science field/ Public Administration/ Management / & 6 years respectively relevant work experience,
Other skills & competencies
- Training in communication, Advocacy, Community Mobilization, Training of Trainers Training (TOT).
- High level communication, Relationship management skill, working with the community, governance bodies.
- Proven media and communication experiences, audiovisual and social media skills; writing skills in various languages.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on August 4, 2020.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!